LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

It surely doesn't count but I ALMOST got one with the work van this morning on Dann Rd.........she was running down the middle of the road and that's not a common thing to see.  I was scanning the edges of the road and grassy areas for deer waiting to jump out in front of me and all of a sudden, here she is, running right down the center line!  I jumped on the binders pretty good and she veered off to the woods.

• Haha 1

Holy crap Chef,you need more pins on that sight. How do you see the deer?

I had a issue with my site and had to get a new on last min, it was my best option at the local shop at that time. I’ve gotten used to it. That being said I want to get a new bow over the winter and it will not make the transition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Drove home from work the back way through the country and in the 25 minute ride I saw at least 15 to 20 deer all over feeding. Lots of small bucks and does and my wife even saw 2 bucks up by her parents house where I bow hunt. They were out in force with plenty of daylight left today. Things are looking up for the next 4 days. Good luck everyone. This is in 7S by the way.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finally saw one of the big bucks on his feet during daylight (well out of range unfortunately).  Also had an idiot button buck circling my stand for about an hour.  Any moral/ethical issue with dumping doe-in-rut urine on a button buck and using him as bait?? 

• Like 1

Decided to hunt until rain starts.  2 does meandered by so far.  Not a big fan of dead calm days but trying to get in what time I can before next week as my nonhunting schedule is a bear starting Nov 2.   Best of luck to all out.  visions of buckus gigantis in my head.  

• Like 1

So close!!  I had a buck within 10 feet of my brush blind (between blind and tree In the photo) but not a clear shot.  Once he got in that close, he knew something was up after a minute, stomped his hoofs once and leaped out of range with a snort.  I saw him slowly walking away through the stem density.  That will get the heart rate up!  Good luck to the hunters this morning!

ED33F581-2E17-427B-AADC-88CC765F952D.jpeg

• Like 11

Finally back out. 9a it's nice and calm no wind. Friends in climber on back of property by creek. Good luck everyone who's out.
IMG_20201029_074939_01.thumb.jpg.c6fdeb0ba9ae1252d3845b0417f72a90.jpg

Also in 9A off love rd. I have already had 3 does come by this morning. The first one sniffed the bottom of my stand and trotted off calmly. Scent control is on point today lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walls out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

Great deer and great story! Congratulations!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I got out yesterday for the last couple of hours. Pretty windy but wind was in the right direction. Saw 2 doe way off and literally just at sunset this guy walls out and gives me a shot at 22 yds. He was walking to a scrape behind me, paid no attention to the little bit of moving I had to do to get on him. He never stopped walking even when I gave him a couple of bleahs. So I shot anyway. At first I thought it was high and too far back but he was angled away from me and I was in a stand so it actually was a good shot. He ran maybe 80 yds. And of course piled up in the thick stuff. I am so blessed! 2 deer with a bow! And I have great friends that came to help me with the track and drag!!

20201028_194926.jpg

20201028_222921.jpg

Beauty Tim.  Congrats.  

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic