LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Had a small doe browsing 100 yards out the a 3 points comes in on her trail and starts pushing her around they ended up going right under me. He caught my wind and got hinky and proceeded to walk all around me for 10 minutes. Then saw 2 other flats cutting across to the old field too far out. The wind is all over this morn. Hoping something bigger follows her trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Great buck. The ole “leave the heart and lungs in” trick to cross the 200lb threshold eh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Also adds an inch to the chest girth.  Sure looks like a heck of a buck though and definitely the best I ever saw taken and posted by a forum member.

• Like 1

Shot what I think was a good eight pointer about 45 minutes ago. It happened pretty fast. He took a step just as I shot and I hit him back a little. Complete pass through and no guts on the arrow. He ran across my bean field with out much of a blood trail. I marked where he went back into the woods and will give it til lunch time to go any further.

• Like 24

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Not live from the woods but it’s the first free minute I’ve had....I made a poor shot on a bruiser around 9:25 yesterday morning.  I left him go till 3pm then went and found him. I’ll type up all the details later on when I can use my computer and not the phone.  

He could be my best buck ever.....dressed at 205lbs but last night laying in bed I remembered that after I got the stomach and lower parts out I forgot (my mind was on how in the heck I was going to get him out in daylight) to pull the heart and lungs. :)

278FCA47-0DB6-4AF8-9515-1130C5B9C736.jpeg

86A4080E-2208-4989-A3AD-D7CAB984F71F.jpeg

Great goodness my goodness. Nice buck Larry. Are you just combining your two bucks into one???  Wow congrats. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, E J said:

Shot what I think was a good eight pointer about 45 minutes ago. It happened pretty fast. He took a step just as I shot and I hit him back a little. Complete pass through and no guts on the arrow. He ran across my bean field with out much of a blood trail. I marked where he went back into the woods and will give it til lunch time to go any further.

When’s the rain comin your way?

Edited by Hock3y24

Not live from the woods but it’s the first free minute I’ve had....I made a poor shot on a bruiser around 9:25 yesterday morning.  I left him go till 3pm then went and found him. I’ll type up all the details later on when I can use my computer and not the phone.  

He could be my best buck ever.....dressed at 205lbs but last night laying in bed I remembered that after I got the stomach and lower parts out I forgot (my mind was on how in the heck I was going to get him out in daylight) to pull the heart and lungs.

278FCA47-0DB6-4AF8-9515-1130C5B9C736.thumb.jpeg.29cd8026c711054b72082a2f147d7f59.jpeg
86A4080E-2208-4989-A3AD-D7CAB984F71F.thumb.jpeg.ae718ff797152186d4b759ba08f6babc.jpeg
Slammer! WTG Larry!
Congratulations to everyone else who has success!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Yuck..now if it was a baseball tournament that would be acceptable!
No worries...the morning seems eerily quiet-I wonder why!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deal with baseball all summer, I’d be pissed to miss hunting due to more of that crap, lol.  Good luck!

2 hours ago, Lawdwaz said:

He could be my best buck ever.....dressed at 205lbs but last night laying in bed I remembered that after I got the stomach and lower parts out I forgot (my mind was on how in the heck I was going to get him out in daylight) to pull the heart and lungs. :)

278FCA47-0DB6-4AF8-9515-1130C5B9C736.jpeg

86A4080E-2208-4989-A3AD-D7CAB984F71F.jpeg

Holy CRAP , Batman...!!  What a monster !!  Congrats, Larry  !!!...

• Thanks 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic