LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

You didn't happen to pick up acreage there - good area.  Congrats on the new home.

A little bit (4 acres) of woods. Trying to contact the adjoining landowner who owns 66 acres, to either get permission to hunt, lease or possibly buy his property. He lives out of state. I’ve already mailed him a letter, called his home 2 times and messaged him on LinkedIn, but I haven’t heard anything back. When I left messages, I just said I bought the property next to his and wanted to be neighborly and introduce myself and would like to speak to him. No luck yet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

A little bit (4 acres) of woods. Trying to contact the adjoining landowner who owns 66 acres, to either get permission to hunt, lease or possibly buy his property. He lives out of state. I’ve already mailed him a letter, called his home 2 times and messaged him on LinkedIn, but I haven’t heard anything back. When I left messages, I just said I bought the property next to his and wanted to be neighborly and introduce myself and would like to speak to him. No luck yet....

Check the obituaries?

44 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

PM me where , wife’s  from one of the biggest farm families there . 

If neighboring landowner lives out of state , his land is probably loaded with hunters ....

Edited by Nomad

3 hours ago, tarheel95 said:

Out in 3g. Car said 28 degrees but set to warm up throughout the day. Barely any wind movement.

Sitting in a blow down off a thick field that has some bedding areas. Hope to find one sneaking back to its bed or getting up to stretch it's legs on a walkabout.

Moon was bright and almost overhead on the walk in. Didn't even need head lamp. Could have used my release however. Got all the way in and realized it's on the floor of my garage. Luckily I have an old one in the pack.

Good luck to all going out there.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

region 3 has to explode soon, no?

2 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I'll tell him you said that, but i bet he will still hunt like 38 of the next 45 days lol

We all know Papa Biz can out last any deer on the planet......that man has more sun up to sun down sits under his belt than most of us on this forum combined. 

• Like 6

Just now, mlammerhirt said:

We all know Papa Biz can out last any deer on the planet......that man has more sun up to sun down sits under his belt than most of us on this forum combined. 

how's this for a crazy jinx though. The first letters on his license plate are EHD!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, NonTypical said:

I decided to pass on the morning hunt. When I woke up, the wind had shifted to WSW. I really needed a NW. Thankfully it was forecasted to switch back for the afternoon. I got done at work a little early and I was in my blind by 3:45. At around 4:30 my number 2 buck came down the trail leading to my ground blind. At 20 yards before he got to my shooting lane I drew. But he ended up stopping to make a scrape. I couldn’t shoot because he was still behind a bunch of brush. After about 3 minutes, I let down and waited for him to finish. Once he started moving, I drew again. This time he stopped at 8 yards facing me right behind a tree to hit another scrape. I held for what felt like an eternity. I didn’t want to let down because he was right on the edge of my lane. He eventually finished and took a quick step to his left and was on the move. I let it fly, but I hit him a touch back. He walked off hunched up and bedded down about 40 yards away on the edge of the clearing. After about 10 minutes he got up slowly and walked into the thicket. I snuck out of the blind and I’ll be back there at first light. I didn’t look for my arrow yet. I figured even if it was liver, I’d still need to give him plenty of time. Either way, it’s best to give him plenty of time and go get him in the morning. Thankfully we don’t have any coyotes to worry about or else I’d be back in there later tonight. 

Any update? Hope u got him

3 hours ago, Belo said:

idk about that... when i'm dipping into the well for motivation I don't recount the misses haha

I don’t know. Can’t remember the names of a lot of women I’ve been with but will never forget the ones that rejected me. 

Walked out and found a big fresh scrape on one of my paths. How do I hunt it? 

Back in. Short sit this AM before I had to take truck in for body work.

On walk out spotted a nice bodied buck bouncing through a thick field on roadside. Unsure if he winded me, heard me or was chasing. Rack was wide but didn't get a great look before he disappeared into cover. Regardless I would put an arrow in him. Hung for a bit to see if I could pick him up again. Nada.

I am back sitting off a few trails into that cover. Hopefully he either stayed or will make his way back this evening.

Good luck to all.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic