LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

I pulled the plug up in the stand at 11:30.  Walking back up to the house, a 1.5 yr 4 point jumped out of some thick cover and stood facing me at 40 yards.  I thought about the biz shirt pocket shot, but he needed another point on one side today.  Then he turned broadside, offering me an easier, not quite chip shot, for about 10 seconds.  

His neck was not swollen up yet, and he looked like he would field dress around 150 pounds.  Hopefully, I won't regret that pass later.  We still have about 1-1/2 deer left in freezer from last year, so he is still safe at this point.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I pulled the plug up in the stand at 11:30.  Walking back up to the house, a 1.5 yr 4 point jumped out of some thick cover and stood facing me at 40 yards.  I thought about the biz shirt pocket shot, but he needed another point on one side today.  Then he turned broadside, offering me an easier, not quite chip shot, for about 10 seconds.  

His neck was not swollen up yet, and he looked like he would field dress around 150 pounds.  Hopefully, I won't regret that pass later.  We still have about 1-1/2 deer left in freezer from last year, so he is still safe at this point.

150 pound field dressed 1.5 year old ?  did you quick slap your PA chest measurement tape of bs on him?

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Zag said:

Congrats to all the kills today!! We put our house up for sale last night and have a boat load of showings today so we’re heading to the land tonight. Gl

Have fun with that! When we listed ours, it was shown 27x in 3 days! It's a sellers market! Bought our new house the day it hit the market and offered over listing price, just to ensure we would get it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

???

Looked at the pic at first, and thought your crossbow was not pulled back, so i asked you that.  I must be dizzy from watching all these squirrels running everywhere 5x each.  Finally noticed it was pulled back, so i edited it, assuming you saw that post already.

2 minutes ago, Cabin Fever said:

Have fun with that! When we listed ours, it was shown 27x in 3 days! It's a sellers market! Bought our new house the day it hit the market and offered over listing price, just to ensure we would get it!

Yep I’ve heard similar stories I put area, our school district is sought after and inventory is very low so fingers crossed it works out well for us!! I’m gonna miss hunting out back yard for sure but thankful our next spots pretty good and we more than double in acreage!

• Like 4

I'm settled in for PM watch.. hoping to see what made the scrape 10-12 yds to my right. Went as slow as I could, but still got all sweaty. Also had my first pucker moment with the new Summit climber, when the platform slid a couple inches on my way up.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This morning was slow for me. Had the one unidentified and a red fox. Sat til 10. 1230 I put up a new stand for next week on my day off. Have 3 choices now so I can stay out all day. Now I'm back in same stand as this morning questioning my sanity. 76 degrees and in a t shirt. Hoping door some dumb luck. Good luck to all of us out here this afternoon and Congrats on the nice bucks already taken today!!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic