LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

5 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Buck down! Daughter waited for legal light and dropped this guy at the first minute! 8 point from the tower at 110 yards. She’s off to a fast start!

I’m the camp cook this morning, but looks like I’m getting out shortly!

Breakfast with Evie - skull shaped eggs!

F147C711-47C7-48C9-A40D-DD1883FD1459.jpeg

8B83B6EE-08B0-4C7C-A1AB-B0C9C64D27D1.jpeg

Well dang she’s a dead eye , congrats to her .

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, johnplav said:

You’ll get him 

Thanks John, we won’t be sitting together in a blind this afternoon,but near each other in stands . So my options to shoot will, expand some  . When we’re together and it’s close it’s her shot .  My goal is for her to score , then I can hunt .

Good thing is we were well in back of the property today, in fields , nobody has been in the woods or really close by to stir things up .

Well apparently I hung my stand in July in the same spot that an older gentleman had, "been hunting for 35 years". Not the land owner btw. I get there early af, quiet af, scent moved af. He stomps up after daylight with his chair hanging and banging from his side. I whistle and wave to get his attention. I thought he hunted the other side of my family members property, that's why I put the stand there. I try to talk to him but he can't hear me so he yells more lol and eventually was nice but geez, man every year this guy f's me on opening day! He's said he got up early for nothing. I guess not early enough lol! Only saw two doe and a fawn and then him wandering all over the place till I left. I hate gun season! Can't wait till late now but by then they've blown the whole place completely out into a dead zone. How many days till October first?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Whiffed on a doe this morning. Had my dad stand at the other end of a small bedding area and they were bounding around inside the really thick shit. I had a nice broadside shot at one, but couldnt take it because of a tree in the way and I took a shot at a doe at 10-15 yards. Hit low and skimmed the brisket. Tracked it for maybe 100 yards before loosing blood, but there wasnt that much to begin with. I think itll survive thankfully. Had a buck 20 yards from my car in the dark and then I snuck up on a buck in the orchard just at shooting light. It was a really nice 6, but I passed on it. Hope it makes it. Ill post the doe and buck I got during bow season in a bit.

Definitely a first for me. I heard a shot around 945just opposite the road from where I am. Around 1015 I finally walk to the road and low and behold there is a vehicle parked exactly in the direction I heard the shot. But, not any vehicle....a Tesla!!30aa9b9803fae4af9881122839502fbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, dlgerow01 said:

Definitely a first for me. I heard a shot around 945just opposite the road from where I am. Around 1015 I finally walk to the road and low and behold there is a vehicle parked exactly in the direction I heard the shot. But, not any vehicle....a Tesla!!30aa9b9803fae4af9881122839502fbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wait until he/she straps the deer on top for ride home.   

Back in for the evening. The deer i got this a.m. 1 turned out to be a button buck. Not to thrilled about that. 4 came in i picked the biggest and shot, she ran maybe 30 yards and piled into a tree and dropped. The other 3 scattered for a second, i started looking at each of them. This guy came in and i even said to my son, looks like a nice doe...shot it, it does a backflip and is dead. The other walked passed after this and 1 was a mature doe and 1 was definitely a fawn. Pissed at myself but nothing to do now but eat it i guess lol. Tight squeeze for the 2 it the bucket, the doe was pretty big.

20201121_114314.jpg

• Like 14

6 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Back in for the evening. The deer i got this a.m. 1 turned out to be a button buck. Not to thrilled about that. 4 came in i picked the biggest and shot, she ran maybe 30 yards and piled into a tree and dropped. The other 3 scattered for a second, i started looking at each of them. This guy came in and i even said to my son, looks like a nice doe...shot it, it does a backflip and is dead. The other walked passed after this and 1 was a mature doe and 1 was definitely a fawn. Pissed at myself but nothing to do now but eat it i guess lol. Tight squeeze for the 2 it the bucket, the doe was pretty big.

20201121_114314.jpg

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic