LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

41 minutes ago, dlgerow01 said:

Definitely a first for me. I heard a shot around 945just opposite the road from where I am. Around 1015 I finally walk to the road and low and behold there is a vehicle parked exactly in the direction I heard the shot. But, not any vehicle....a Tesla!!30aa9b9803fae4af9881122839502fbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He's trying to be extra sneaky

Just now, Gencountyzeek said:

Livers out of both, but goes to my parents. Im not a fan of it.

Those from bb's are the best, and can be cooked and eaten right away.  Those from older deer are a lot more tender if you leave them in the fridge a week or so, to let the rigor mortis work out.

I saved the liver from the big 1.5 or small 2.5 6 point that I killed this morning and it will definitely sit in the fridge till Wednesday, before I freeze it.

I would, and hope to kill for a bb right now.  Unfortunately, antlerless deer are few and far between in my spots, due to all the pressure put on them by farmers with their nuisance permits, prior to October 1.  I always get 4 dmp's, but am lucky if I can fill more than one on any given year.

One fat bb right now would top off the freezer perfectly for the year.

Early morning shot the 8pt and early afternoon with the BB. I could have sworn it was a doe because right behind him was a 4 pt that looked at if it was in tow to the BB. Was really hoping for a little “Romeo and Juliet” kinda thing for these two but I’m blessed either way de4793d2e63625ba149e4e18bd3f5833.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I did save the pair from this morning's 6 point.  I will get a picture of the appetizers with tomorrow's tenderloin lunch.

Any luck with the 14 pointer this morning.  You packing a bow or a gun ?

He’s said to be a 12 or 13. Didn’t hunt there. Can only use bow there do to houses. 

Sat till 11 on the state spot. Get packed up take 4 steps and off to my right a shooter buck takes off 100 yards out zippin through the trees then 3 more. One a doe not sure on the others. Was arguing with myself all morn on slipping out 75 yards or so more. First time sitting this spot. I didn’t want to make the noise. It woulda been a good move lol. That’s hunting. Back out at the home prop. For last watch.

Out for the afternoon with my crew......but earlier this morning I walked out around 10:30 and on my way home got a text that my buddies son and my Dad both took shots. My buddies sons doe dropped on the stop.....my Dad's donkey decided to take a little adventure. After a short search they found that she circled back around and died in a ditch.

Costanza's here we come!
503a5efb0c91763af85f3609a62b84f4.jpgc76779ec9dc132bbcecd8ec84b27ebb9.jpge560cb7c3d77a742f0b8c16b21491c71.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 18

39 minutes ago, BfloHunter said:

Early morning shot the 8pt and early afternoon with the BB. I could have sworn it was a doe because right behind him was a 4 pt that looked at if it was in tow to the BB. Was really hoping for a little “Romeo and Juliet” kinda thing for these two but I’m blessed either way de4793d2e63625ba149e4e18bd3f5833.jpg

Nice double, seems to be a common theme on here. Two thumbs up .

• Like 1

Where’s biz at? Dude has a kid and is much quieter now... not that any of us dads didn’t see that coming

He's in the woods about 500 yards from me, we are on a piece of state land. Beautiful day! Minimal shooting which is surprising to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

He's in the woods about 500 yards from me, we are on a piece of state land. Beautiful day! Minimal shooting which is surprising to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Good luck! Very little shooting at our place today too. Not even far away shots, maybe 15 shots total today. Very strange.

My son and I both have had opportunities at does today, but no bucks have made an appearance yet.

• Like 1

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic