LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Off to the red spot, corner of cut beans , black line is a bush hogged path they enter the field in. Above the line is the hardwoods , below is a very thick area . Yellow spot is a stand I’ve killed a number of bucks out of including a nice ten point in bow a few years back , trouble is they often hug the thicket side, hence the new stand I’ll be in .

C2862A2F-0761-4849-A7CE-353AC90D8A96.png

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Off to the red spot, corner of cut beans , black line is a bush hogged path they enter the field in. Above the line is the hardwoods , below is a very thick area . Yellow spot is a stand I’ve killed a number of bucks out of including a nice ten point in bow a few years back , trouble is they often hug the thicket side, hence the new stand I’ll be in .

853AF5AC-C701-4AE7-A03A-A568FC3891D3.jpeg

Looks like a great set up Larry! 

Get out there and send it!

Good luck my friend!

• Like 1

Man my ass is dragging.  Got new stand put together and in a tree, dropped the kids off at my parents, brought my dad's generator here and saved my venison stockpile, can I find the energy to get out for a smelly evening sit?  If I stay in this couch I'll just pass out and be awake all night again.

Edited by UpStateRedNeck

Man my ass is dragging.  Got new stand put together and in a tree, dropped the kids off at my parents, brought my dad's generator here and saved my venison stockpile, can I find the energy to get out for a smelly evening sit?  If I stay in this couch I'll just pass out and be awake all night again.

Get out I’m feeling alone out here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan B . They’re injecting manure into the fields , there’s a good mile of hose going from the manure lagoon to where they’re working.

As luck would have it there’s a pump machine running in the 14 acre field I was going to sit on .

So I moved into the woods inside corner not far from my original spot . Killed both my bucks from this stand last year .

• Like 1

Morning sit was a bust except for a mama and baby barred owl. Windy and was cold up that tree. Son was on other side of property also nada. Came in for breakfast and a good size button buck was 20 feet from my kitchen window. He had large buttons(largest I’ve ever seen) and still velvet. Son is out for afternoon in my spot. I’m taking a pass Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Well the smell and noise isn’t bothering the turkeys , got a bunch at 40 yards hanging out making turkey noises.

Edit they just shut the pump down , all quite now . 

Edited by Nomad

Quick question do deer like to hit acorns more in mornings or afternoon? never really focused on acorns and figure I would tomorrow night or one morning this weekend. There's a spot that usually has good acorn crop out of a massive white oak.  Problem is bedding is within 100-150 yards.  Most common way out and in is through where I want to put a stand since the back side is blocked off by 4ft of water.  My guess is sneak in mid day hang a stand and wait for them to feed on them before heading to fields.  Wind will be blowing into a big pond the entire time.

• Like 1

Today's hunt was uneventful until right at sunset when a doe and spike came through. The doe busted me at 10 yds. Not bad, the deer stuck around a while and I waited for them to move off. Then the doe started blowing.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Saw one deer far off a couple of times.  Could not tell if it was buck or doe.  Saw another one in opposite direction for a short second.  At least deer are around and moving.  May sit again tomorrow,.  I sat in the stand a good ten minutes until I remembered to put my release on!  RUSTY. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m hoping tomorrow morning is good. Wind will be gone, Temps in low 40’s before Saturday hits 78 degrees. I’m gonna sneak a hunt in tomorrow AM before work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Same here except no work.hoping with the temps dipping down overnight it'll be time to put the feed bag on and morning movement will happen.heading off to the stand i saw deer in two of the 3 days i hunted this past weekend.hoping for a biz prediction by 745AM,the mathews switchback i purchased this summer is hungry,LFG BIZ!!!!!

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic