LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

My hunting partner retired last year. So we are going to learn how to trap predators. Coyote, fox, fisher, and bobcat. We have an abundance of all of em. So we'll see how it goes? If anything, two older guys will get some  more exercise!..... lol

Well make sure you guys start a thread for us to follow along!! Tonight again I had a bunch barking 15min after sunset tonight. 

• Like 1

It was a good evening... We kicked one on the long walk in on the way to a different ag field.... I posted on the edge of the field and my buddy on the other side... Had a good wind until it started swirling right before end of legal light .. 2 doe walked up behind my buddy and they winded him blowing up the woods... Still... Were starting to find does

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Grand island. No rain in this area thank god. I’m taking my GSP out with me in the morning and we’ll try and locate her. He’s not trained to locate but his nose is better than nothing if I can’t get the blood trail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look around a water source as well. They will try to find water to lay down in to cool their stomach

Yesterday was the day of the little bucks for me. I could have shot a button buck and a spike in the a.m. and for the afternoon sit on a different property altogether i had another button buck hang out around me for an hour. I kept wishing him to be bigger,but he stayed small. It is good to be close to deer,but i am eager to get a doe down at least.

• Like 2

aca6def07308809e19ada16ae515f279.jpg&key=9247ec14f0c928a09c8d2e786bfe328a6481b928b2e565139645c1327da44135
5:30 a group of does stood up and came all the way in to 35 yards and the biggest one gave me a perfect broadside shot. I was so confident she’d be piled up in 50 yards or less. Turns out the arrow must’ve hit a branch and deflected because nothing but guts on the arrow . I can’t find blood anywhere and I mean ANYWHERE. I’ve only ever hit a deer in the gut one other time and the advice was to back out and come back the next day. What would you guys do? I’m bummed right now

Back out and just call
A dog in the morning

Grand island. No rain in this area thank god. I’m taking my GSP out with me in the morning and we’ll try and locate her. He’s not trained to locate but his nose is better than nothing if I can’t get the blood trail

Don’t use your untrained dog call deer search. I have 2 GSP’s they air scent not ground also

• Like 2

e08c83058b89c41b593ab35813faceb3.jpg

This local spot is nice to drive to but not so conducive to seeing deer.had this doe with fawn at 40-30 and now 12 yards in few sits here. Other night she was licking the fawns head for awhile. She’s not Costanzas worthy as very small , not worth punching my antlerless anywhere tag , seasons young and not gonna lie. I’m a little soft at heart after seeing the 2 of them together so often. Who knows , maybe she’ll be the hot doe in a few weeks bringing bucks in.

• Like 8

Not so "live from the woods" but I finally got a sit in last night in 9F. Sat last 3 hours, saw 1 squirrel. Made a list of the things i forgot to bring. I call it dress rehearsal! I got to try out my new Summit climber (Thanks Don _C) i needed to tweek a few things but now i got it set up the way i like it and it's ready to go! Most comfortable stand I own!

• Like 4

Not so "live from the woods" but I finally got a sit in last night in 9F. Sat last 3 hours, saw 1 squirrel. Made a list of the things i forgot to bring. I call it dress rehearsal! I got to try out my new Summit climber (Thanks Don _C) i needed to tweek a few things but now i got it set up the way i like it and it's ready to go! Most comfortable stand I own!
If climbing up and down wasn't such a pain in the ass its the only thing I'd use. So comfortable

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

Was planning to hunt today unfortunately a scratched cornea foiled my plans. Looks like glasses the next two weeks

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

good news is that you can hunt with glasses. I've shot my bow several times with sunglasses and found no difference.

• Like 2

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic