LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

9 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

And many a pulmonary expert

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

one thing is for sure, it's impossible to know where a deer is hit and if it's dead even with good video footage. Arrows do funny things and deer are incredible animals. The best we can do is search our asses off.

8 hours ago, BfloHunter said:

Well thanks for all the tips guys it gave me some hope I’d find her. Unfortunately just called it quits for the night with no deer found after the blood trail dried up after about 400 yards. Some spots just a drop and other spots the limbs and leaves were covered. She wandered into the thickest stuff imaginable which luckily made it easier to track with all the branches and such being blood stained but still no luck. After that initial 400 yards it’s like she vanished. 4 guys helping and none of us could find blood after that point.

I called and left a message for deer search so I’m still hopeful but with the rain I don’t know. Wow this year has been a tough one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like you did everything you should, but I must admit that "covered in blood" has me thinking you might not have hit brisket at all and perhaps high... I might suggest you do a little grid search in the AM if work allows for it and you could still save the meat. 

• Like 2

Snug as a big in a rug in the rain.  Only problem is the bugs.  Got bit my a skeeter on the back of the hand and just picked 5 gnats out of my cider.  They are not as bad, now that I moved it off the log to the drink holder in the arm rest.  Sure am glad people can't get ehd.

20201019_081752.jpg

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Snug as a big in a rug in the rain.  Only problem is the bugs.  Got bit my a skeeter on the back of the hand and just picked 5 gnats out of my cider.  They are not as bad, now that I moved it off the log to the drink holder in the arm rest.  Sure am glad people can't get ehd.

20201019_081752.jpg

this made my morning. good luck man and remember there's more meat on the big bucks than there is on the little ones! :)

12 minutes ago, Belo said:

this made my morning. good luck man and remember there's more meat on the big bucks than there is on the little ones! :)

We are getting low on grind and I am after a big doe for that purpose.  I am being a little too fussy and blew a great chance on one of those yesterday morning.

Sort of reminds me of the lyrics an old Hank song:  "Now's the time for patience.  Don't fire on the first one.  Don't waste your bullets on a little bitty baby, get a full grown wowowoman."

Hopefully, she shows up before noon or the time I run out of hot cider.  Maybe I will try a fawn Yelp with my combo grunter.  Heck, that might even draw a bear up out of the swamp.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, BfloHunter said:

I called and left a message for deer search so I’m still hopeful but with the rain I don’t know. Wow this year has been a tough one

Hope deer search is able to help. If not maybe the third time will be the charm. Good Luck

I just sent out a few fawn bleats but I am a bit scared of a bear with them big old claws and teeth, having just my single shot ML.  At least it is a .50 cal, but that did not work out so well for old hatchet Jack.  I unfolded my old razor sharp buck 110, just in case it goes hand to hand.  

20201019_100329.jpg

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I just sent out a few fawn bleats but I am a bit scared of a bear with them big old claws and teeth, having just my single shot ML.  At least it is a .50 cal, but that did not work out so well for old hatchet Jack.  I unfolded my old razor sharp buck 110, just in case it goes hand to hand.  

20201019_100329.jpg

Dirty fighter eh?

Just now, crappyice said:

Better try both just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am thankful that I put a lot of time into getting that thing sharp enough to shave with, prior to my trip up here.  I have used dull knives to dispatch road-hit deer, with such a move a time or two, with less than stellar resuls.

I will take a short, sharp blade over a long dull one for that kind of work every time.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

20201019_100329.jpg

You in griz country or something?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

You in griz country or something?

No, but they supposedly release trouble-making trap and transfer black bears, right across the road from my current location.  The hair stands up on the back of my neck every time I hear a twig break over the sound of the rain drops.  No more fawn bleats from me this morning.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

No, but they supposedly release trouble-making trap and transfer black bears, right across the road from my current location.  The hair stands up on the back of my neck every time I hear a twig break over the sound of the rain drops.  No more fawn bleats from me this morning.

Oh come on.. Live a little..

;) muaaaaa!

14 hours ago, corydd7 said:

Just got back to my house. Zilch for me but my buddy shot I nice buck for 3m. We tracked it for about 400 yards only to find it standing. My buddy called me at 5:30 so he let him sit for a couple hours. The buck didnt move just stood and looked at us from about 25 yards. We will go get him tomorrow a.m. pictures to follow. 

Found him about 50 yards from where we left him last night.

Screenshot_20201019-114023_WhatsApp.jpg

• Like 43

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic