LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

2 hours ago, rachunter said:

Should’ve went fishing it’s 70* the wind shifted south at 6mph and the sky looks like it’s going to explode. I hope there right and I can get the afternoon in.
Good luck everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I did after 4 consecutive afternoon "big woods" sits with zero deer sightings.  Will post results in fishing thread.  Definitely more action on the water than on the land.  Only two more days to fill antlerless tag though, so next two afternoon's I will be back on the ground.  At least the weather looks a lot better.

• Like 1

Weather was right on time. I saw the two fawns again ones a button buck the other a doe. They where milling around for about a half hour. From what I could see the where eating beechnut leaves then they hit the rye grass I planted along the path. They don’t seem interested in the clover at all. I think I have this south wind figured out it’s just a matter of which run they’ll come out of there bedding area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Snuck out for a few hours in a new stand (only the second time I’ve hunted it.)  Rain stopped and wind was good, but no deer wanted to cooperate.  There should be a lot more action in this spot in coming weeks.  Still felt good to be out there. 

60A345F0-19A5-4416-8B25-3D167D432562.jpeg

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 2

Had an interesting evening hunt... I found does entering a food source last night and the wind was right for a return visit this evening.... One lone doe, the nice size one, enters and acts nervous .... Looking over to the corner of the field often.. she was only feeding for 10 minutes and then quickly runs off. She can't wind me or see me and I'm not in the corner she kept looking at. Not sure what was making her spooky and why she was alone...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Up n in local. Bucket hat n umbrella deployed. 

Good luck under that.  I wonder if anyone was ever able to kill a deer from under one while it was raining.  Mine sure is loud.  No rain in the forecast for way up north where I am until Saturday.  I just pulled the electric tape off my muzzle.

I dont imagine I will see any deer now, because all that I have seen this week have been within 10 minutes of sunrise and we are well past that.

Edited by wolc123

Good luck under that.  I wonder if anyone was ever able to kill a deer from under one while it was raining.  Mine sure is loud.  No rain in the forecast for way up north where I am until Saturday.  I just pulled the electric tape off my muzzle.
I dont imagine I will see any deer now, because all that I have seen this week have been within 10 minutes of sunrise and we are well past that.

I'm sure I have. I think it's only loud to you because your ears are a foot from it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I'm sure I have. I think it's only loud to you because your ears are a foot from it

Could be.  As fate would have it, I left mine back at the house this morning.  No sooner did I take the electric tape off my muzzle, and it started raining.  

Fortunately, it seems to be just a brief, passing sprinkle.  It has stopped now.  My tree hammock chair dont do well, and becomes a tree wet azz funnel when it rains hard.

If it picks up again, I will have to keep my muzzle down, unlatch the seat, and still hunt my way back down the mountain.

Edited by wolc123

Diana is toying with me. 

Went back to the stand where the does hang out. I have seen them at 3:00 and 4:00, so I wert in at 1:00. They were bedded in the bramble right beside the stand. They bolt. 

I sit for the rest of the day and walk out at 6:00. Take off all my gear and clothes on my back deck and look up to see them 10 yards away on my lawn. 

32948d6dd0ddb2dbaa2803e8e2f2cd2d.jpg&key=4c5ffdf8ede30809d574240c8d911e62b873a62fa95efa202bbd852a5ac0a067This guybwas sluggish to say the least Lol, he better get where he's going and get winterized

Should have tossed him in one of those plastic kiddie pools for a week then turned him into soup

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

6 minutes ago, The Jerkman said:

Should have tossed him in one of those plastic kiddie pools for a week then turned him into soup

#WeDemandADislikeButton

That entire process looks too gross to me. Also this was a small turtle maybe 8". Ive seen a zillion snappers in my life and 99.9% are either the size of a quarter or a five gallon bucket lol

That entire process looks too gross to me. Also this was a small turtle maybe 8". Ive seen a zillion snappers in my life and 99.9% are either the size of a quarter or a five gallon bucket lol
I wouldn't mind a quarter sized one. A 5 gallon bucket one scares me. I'd be afraid to lose a hand

#WeDemandADislikeButton

Hunted this morning for the first sit in 2 weeks, got skunked! Unless you count the deer who watched me get ready at my truck the entire time this morning from 75 yds away. Farmer cut the corn near that stand so I'm not sure how comfortable they will be now as it's close to the rd. There are 10 scrapes and some rubs within 20-40 yds of the stand, so I moved my cell cam to the scrapes to see what he is, track isn't too big though.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Rain and no deer . However , I needed to trim this stand, so I brought in pole saw ,and hand saw is always in my pack , now the lanes are open again . Then I moved a ladder , really happy with its new spot , I dragged it through a thick area , tons of rubs and scrapes , that’s good in  another week and a half those guys will get stupid .

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic