LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!

Marion

Ended up seeing a total of 5 deer. Had 2 more does feeding about 50 yards from us in the tower stand but unfortunately I didn't have a clear shot due too the layout of the field and not having a good shooting lane in that direction so they got a pass tonight.

Edited to add: That doe was killed with a Hand loaded 150gr Winchester Power Point bullet with 44gr of Hodgdon 4895 powder and CCI rifle primer. So fun to be doing my own reloading again and seeing the results in the field. 

Edited by josephmrtn
  • Like 7

5 hours ago, josephmrtn said:

Finally made it out for my first sit of the season with my son. On the way to our stand at around 3:15 we came up on some does feeding in the field. Made a 230 yard heart shot with the 308 And dropped her. Now spending the rest of the rainy evening sitting in our tower stand waiting to see if we can get a shot at a buck.

20201026_152850.jpg

20201026_160320-01.jpeg

Congratulations Joe! Great doe, great shot, great picture!

Nothing better than seeing things come full circle.

I agree with how it feels to shoot a deer with a round you made yourself! Did it the first time myself last year. Got lots of help from the fella's here too.

Now get that buck!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Is it me or wasn't there a day last year around Halloween that a bunch of people on here tagged bucks? 

Sorry off topic not trying to hijack the thread just kinda popped in my head.

It was Nov. 2nd,  2019 , proud participant !

E07B0C1B-F276-43BA-9287-216C4AD622ED.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 7

49 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

November 2nd was an epic day last year. 

and I had to sit at work and watch, and am forced to set it out again this year. ugh.  Hopefully that day is the 4,5,6,7,8 cause i have those off.  But def a forum blood letting that day they were dropping everywhere.  it was awesome. 

I took 21 days off starting Nov. 2nd last year and killed my biggest buck to date the very first morning at 10:45AM! I don't think as a group we will ever top that day (during archery at least). How many bucks got dropped that day anyways? Wasn't it like 8??

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Is it me or wasn't there a day last year around Halloween that a bunch of people on here tagged bucks? 
 Sorry off topic not trying to hijack the thread just kinda popped in my head.

It was Nov. 2nd,  2019 , proud participant !
E07B0C1B-F276-43BA-9287-216C4AD622ED.thumb.jpeg.264fa1eddb7fa24787b97e79d28d20f0.jpeg

November 2nd was an epic day last year. 

Yup. 11/2 was bonkers for many members

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• fasteddie changed the title to LIVE From The Woods 2020 - Let's hear stories and see some pictures!
  • WNYBuckHunter unpinned this topic