Card stolen. Any way to view pics?

regulat0r

Please forgive me if this is a stupid question. 

The sd card from my camera was stolen. I went to check my cam today and it was sitting at the base of the tree with the straps gone, latch open and sd card missing. I’ve heard that cameras have some sort of internal memory and if you hook up the cam from the USB port to your computer, some pics can be seen. Before I drive out to my parents house to use their computer... is this true or am I out of luck?

Some cameras have an internal memory when card is full can insert new card and it downloads automatically, if camera was shut off your out of luck trespasser took. Card to keep.from.being caught if it was left on maybe you have a chance... my guess is nope.. 

44 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I can't believe they stole the sd card and not the camera!

I had an SD card stolen last season.  The cam was locked to the tree with a python lock and I had a padlock on the door. Of course the cam housing and hinge are made of plastic, so the jerk broke the hinge and stole the card.  I only use lock boxes now. 

older cams had internal memory but not many cams do nowadays. I'd struggle to name one off hand.

Stealing cards is worse than the cam IMO. They wanted info or to keep their identity. Stealing a cam is because they want the cam and more of a singular purpose. Stealing info or keeping identity private means they'll be back in that area or using adjacent for some specific reason. Questions that might not get answered if you don't have an encounter. I'd be looking at people close by, personally. 

• Like 1