R.I.P. Tom Seaver

Water Rat

Who pitches10 complete innings in a World Series games anymore?That was game 4 in 1969 with a 2-1 METS victory over Baltimore. The best Mets player of all time and arguably one of the best pitchers of all time. I can’t believe he’s gone. I remember him closing  down Shea Stadium with Mike Piazza. I remember just a couple of years ago when he retired from public life due to his dementia diagnosis. He died from complications of Lyme disease and dementia. One of my favorite Mets as a kid along with Ryan and Harrelson. I watch Jimmy Qualls ruin his no no in the 9th.  He died at 75 tonight.  R.I.P. Tom Terrific. 

• Like 1

I hope Cohen becomes the owner. He back out the first time because of the bullshit clause allowing the Wilpons to still be involved in the team for 5 years after selling them.  I didn’t blame him one bit. Just glad the steroid cheating Arod and Jlow withdrew from the bidding. I bet there will be a statue now in the near future. 

R.I.P, one of best pitchers ever in the Mets franchise. Here's a recent picture of him (right) taken at his vineyards in Napa Valley. Picture taken with my sons baseball coach, younger brother John Franco. Two Met Icons, Seaver had that wicked stride and great mechanics, where his back knee pants were always dirty. Died way too young. 

20200903_161930.jpg

He is literally the only person I ever asked for and received an autograph from. It's on a picture of him pitching for the Reds. I have never been an autograph seeker or collector, but it was the perfect storm of just getting the picture, and then seeing him and Jonny Bench relaxing when I was a youngster. They were both very cordial to me and talked a few minutes before I took my leave.

It's not a prized possession by any means, but I do enjoy seeing it and remembering talking to him for a few minutes when I was a kid.