Fantasy Football 2020

The_Real_TCIII

22 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Depending on the draft day/time, I might be in. if i have to autodraft id rather not play.

I'm on another Yahoo league and auto-drafted for the first time last year. Got Lamar at QB, and won my first 11 games. Lost the championship in a squeaker and finished 13-2 overall. The Yahoo auto draft algorithm's are way smarter than I am!

suggestions:

1. for prize, everyone should just add money ($10 or whatevers) to a gift card to cabelas or something.  sending random hunting items to someone who might not want or need the item isn't so great.

2. teams should name their teams in accordance to their huntingNY handle so we know who's who.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Steuben Jerry said:

I'm on another Yahoo league and auto-drafted for the first time last year. Got Lamar at QB, and won my first 11 games. Lost the championship in a squeaker and finished 13-2 overall. The Yahoo auto draft algorithm's are way smarter than I am!

I've been in another league for over 13 years.  We have one female in the group.  She doesn't know much about football.  It's a live draft.  Every year she prints out yahoo's rankings and picks based off of that.  She doesn't even know half the players she drafts.  She only knows that according to yahoo, he is the next best available player.  Every year we laugh at her team.  Yet, she is the only 3 time champion in the league.  No one else has won more than once.

• Like 2

I’ve followed sports my whole life but never got involved with Fantasy Football. People I work with always wanted me to join. It always seemed time consuming and confusing to me. I never really looked into it or the concept of it. With that being said , I would have no problem donating a hunting related gift to the winner. Just send me the mailing address at the end of the tournament.

1 minute ago, Elmo said:

I've been in another league for over 13 years.  We have one female in the group.  She doesn't know much about football.  It's a live draft.  Every year she prints out yahoo's rankings and picks based off of that.  She doesn't even know half the players she drafts.  She only knows that according to yahoo, he is the next best available player.  Every year we laugh at her team.  Yet, she is the only 3 time champion in the league.  No one else has won more than once.

I couldn't check mine last year until the next morning and remember being disappointed in getting Lamar. I even offered him up for a trade and got no takers. Can't believe I lost the championship game!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Elmo said:

suggestions:

1. for prize, everyone should just add money ($10 or whatevers) to a gift card to cabelas or something.  sending random hunting items to someone who might not want or need the item isn't so great.

2. teams should name their teams in accordance to their huntingNY handle so we know who's who.

I'm fine with 10 bucks a head, be a nice pay out for winner or 1,2 last place gets money back or play just for fun of it no money .

Too time consuming. It's hunting season and I can't make time for it. Tried to do my best and I just can't.

Instead, the "hunters" at work do a last man standing - you pick a team to win each week. If they win, you move on. Can only pick a team once. You lose...you're out. We've done this for 10 years or so and only two of them had years where the pot was split. One two ways, and one three-ways. All others we've had single winners. One year - and I think it was the Bills, they upset on week one and it knocked out half the players. We were done by Week 9 as a result. After that, we did a re-buy up to week three but you still couldn't re-pick a team used previously.

That's much easier to manage for me, lol.

I've done those too,survival pool. I'd be game with that also as it does take up time during hunting season with fantasy football 

Week 9 ours ended at week 5 last year then we started it up again 

Edited by sbuff
  • Like 1