You call that a knife.....

I been using a Sabre, maybe 4  1/2 inch folder for quite a long time. It's an inexpensive knife that holds an edge really well.  I;ve ground the tip off of so I don't get poked. I have never lost it but, would not feel near as bad as a more expensive one, if I were to. In combination with my Buttout 2 combo; which works really good, I can get the deer aimming towards the sky rather quickly.

17 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

Just the sharpness and the fact you can just swap out the blades. Mine has a small bone saw too that works amazing for removing the bone blocking the anal cavity , i actually make 2 cuts in the bone and remove about a 1 inch wide piece of bone to remove the crapper shoot. 

I do the exact same thing

• Like 1

Top knife, Old Timer Stockman, my go to field dressing knife , under it Schrade lb7 their Buck 110 clone it’s in semi retirement. Field dressed my first buck in the ‘80 s, gone down the Yukon River with me and many many other adventures, briefly lost it , so now it’s a safe queen .

The Puma White Hunter ,I just always wanted , to big for my use , would be good to,break down an animal though . I carry it from time to time just because I can !

The cleaver ,was made for be by a young man in Buffalo, his Dad made me a sweet frontier Hawk as well . It’s mostly ,for zombies , but it may come in handy if a “ protester “ should reach inside my truck .

The finger cut is from a hatchet I had just sharpened and accidentally brushed my finger against .

460E5277-771B-4CE8-B7DD-2AB136768D1E.jpeg

C2FC2DA0-DD3A-479E-AEF1-F24FD62126AD.jpeg

Edited by Nomad
  • Like 1

I've used the Buck crosslock for the past few years. I carry a 2nd Buck knife, a blade trader, just in case. Handle on the crosslock gets a little slippery with blood plus field dressing gloves, but it is quick and handy.e3ebac429ecaeac0a78fea8f98b891a6.jpg&key=47779f95e3426675d3f4342cd23c067de22e6fe443a804bf2c3a942cdb8a64d7

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have that same knife. I lose it and find it again regularly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I have that same knife. I lose it and find it again regularly lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am adding orange para cord this year. I've left it behind at least once, but remembered when I was only a few few into the drag. No such luck with my bright orange butt out tool, which I left in the woods last year. Go figure.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 9/4/2020 at 6:14 PM, adkhunter71 said:

Just bought this beauty from Denn Handmade Knives in the Adirondacks this summer.  Hopefully I will be able to put it to good use this fall!

Den Knife 4.jpg

Denn Knife 3.jpg

Denn Knife 2.jpg

Denn Knife 1.jpg

I like everything about this knife , from the file work on the spine to the linen micrata handle with the red underneath, the large lanyard hole ,the small ricasso as well , as I like as much edge as possible . The sharpening Choil I can take it or leave it .

Great knife !

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I used the Outdoor Edge Swingblade and switched to the folding version last season with the replaceable blades. I like it a lot. 

I want to try the buttout tool, but It makes me “pucker” just thinking about it lol. 

Spend a couple hours with me in my heated blind and you can decide if you'd like one..

A part of my collection that is in actual use. I have a bunch more sitting around in a closet.
The Havalon, I have not used it yet, but do carry it because it is very small and light.
8e3f2344828c58d2c678421f45abad34.jpg
Camillus Model 4, most sentimental of the bunch but it is a little bulky for gutting deer. But I do carry it on my belt every trip.
feb88954123c2f31c09c637e3a5c8e87.jpg
My most used knife, a gift from my friend after I complimented his. Small, light, easy to sharpen.
d6340b212288b47a82ace7a5ccb51b5c.jpg
Another Camillus original, second blade is for skinning. Looking forward to giving this one a try.
d91b241d5331011aa42db3d1cba1dee7.jpg
Not really a deer knife, but I like this knife and hope to use it on an upcoming camping/fishing/hunting trip.c74d234b520a405cfa58e8133ca49f82.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I'll also add that folding knives are a pain in the rear to clean . The havalon folds but its wide enough to easily clean ,i would go fixed blade if i was to use something just so i dont have to dig fat and tissue out of the small crevices on a folding blade.  

• Like 1

I have used various folders and such in the past, all have done the job.  Last year I picked up a Morakniv fixed blade off Amazon for like $15.  Stainless blade with a bright orange handle so its not easily lost.  Two deer later, and its still razor sharp.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005EOJAKI/ref=twister_B07XYNBR7Y?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1