Anyone use onX gps ? reviews please

rob-c

3 hours ago, sodfather said:

On X is great but HuntStand has the scent cone feature that I love 

out here the scent cone thing didn't work for shit. thermals and terrain always had it screwed up. i have to use weather underground app and then based on change in temp and predetermined actual wind for the station reported wind i know which way it's going.

i use OnX. property owner records lag behind a bit but some property out this way changes hands multiple times a year. i have another county tax site link to verify that. borders seem to be very accurate and consistent with county tax maps. topo overlayed too. line distance tool is good to have and area shape tool maps out bedding or food plots or shooting lanes while on foot, etc.

I purchased my property 2 yrs ago. The old owner is sill showing.  I called ONX and the lady said they update once a yr thought the county records. So I called the county clerk's office and was told the county doesn't update their records ever yr, and it might be several yrs because of how often properties change hands. 

They make sure I get my tax bill tho.

Edited by mowin

I purchased my property 2 yrs ago. The old owner is sill showing.  I called ONX and the lady said they update once a yr thought the county records. So I called the county clerk's office and was told the county doesn't update their records ever yr, and it might be several yrs because of how often properties change hands. 
They make sure I get my tax bill tho.

And with the Covid imagine how many new properties have been purchased from city dwellers fleeing. Water cooler talk in Columbia county was discussing the amount of “mailbox request/new addresses” flooding the town hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, crappyice said:

And with the Covid imagine how many new properties have been purchased from city dwellers fleeing. Water cooler talk in Columbia county was discussing the amount of “mailbox request/new addresses” flooding the town hall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good friend of mine is the building inspector for Chatham. He's running around like crazy checking code on renno projects the down staters are doing to there newly purchased homes. 

• Like 1