Our soldiers are Losers

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

Of the 430 people CPI identified as "journalists, reporters, news editors or television news anchors ­— as well as other donors known to be working in journalism," 96 percent gave money to Clinton, according to federal campaign finance filings. Those 430 journalists gave $382,000 to Clinton and just $14,000 to GOP nominee Donald Trump. CPI identified just 50 journalists who gave to Trump (meaning 380 gave to Clinton.)

you don't see a problem there ?  the media writes story's that support the people they like  that push there ideas .  they hate trump so you only get  anti trump story's out of them they want power they want to be the ones who control  the  country  not the average guy.  not to mention fake news  anti trump story's are good click bait  they make more money by talking BS about him  gets you to watch more news .

That’s a very slanted read on the numbers, especially since the majority of contributions come through superpacs and it’s incredibly difficult to trace back the funding sources. There are systems in place (in serious news organizations) to promote transparency and prevent bias. Don’t mistake journalism with talking heads.

But what you’re seeing goes well beyond the ever present left/right tug-of-war and the need for campaign finance reform. Have you ever seen this many prominent, life-long conservatives endorse a Democratic candidate? That should alert you that what think is merely a liberal media bias is not actually correct. Trump is inept and toxic and we’re witnessing an unprecedented cross-party unification against his administration. Let’s hope the results hold in November (or whenever all the votes are counted up).

4 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

That’s a very slanted read on the numbers, especially since the majority of contributions come through superpacs and it’s incredibly difficult to trace back the funding sources. There are systems in place (in serious news organizations) to promote transparency and prevent bias. Don’t mistake journalism with talking heads.

But what you’re seeing goes well beyond the ever present left/right tug-of-war and the need for campaign finance reform. Have you ever seen this many prominent, life-long conservatives endorse a Democratic candidate? That should alert you that what think is merely a liberal media bias is not actually correct. Trump is inept and toxic and we’re witnessing an unprecedented cross-party unification against his administration. Let’s hope the results hold in November (or whenever all the votes are counted up).

btw most the media now is owned by china .  notice you almost never here about what they are doing over there open you eyes  we are being played and I'm not a conservative   btw  biden  is not the guy you want  .     he was there for 47 years what did he do ?  

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

btw most the media now is owned by china .  notice you almost never here about what they are doing over there open you eyes  we are being played and I'm not a conservative   btw  biden  is not the guy you want  .     he was there for 47 years what did he do ?  

Don’t know what you’re talking about, I read plenty on China. The burden falls on you to find reputable news sources. That of course takes effort but I guess memes are much easier to consume. You certainly don’t “open your eyes” by dismissing real journalism and embracing conspiracy theories. China and Russia are absolutely pouring disinformation into our media landscape, most of it in social media and in non-reputable news sources. That knowledge should make work even harder to find well-sourced news outlets and to not succumb to seductive conspiracy theories.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Don’t know what you’re talking about, I read plenty on China. The burden falls on you to find reputable news sources. That of course takes effort but I guess memes are much easier to consume. You certainly don’t “open your eyes” by dismissing real journalism and embracing conspiracy theories. China and Russia are absolutely pouring disinformation into our media landscape, most of it in social media and in non-reputable news sources. That knowledge should make work even harder to find well-sourced news outlets and to not succumb to seductive conspiracy theories.

like 24 7 coverage of Russian hox  :rolleyes:  

you have short memory I don't  . 

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You’ve just disclosed your fundamental misunderstanding. Scientists don’t discredit each other based on what they believe. They instead subscribe to a system of rational disbelief which employs the scientific method to disprove and to approach the truth. Disagreement based on evidence is different than lying to discredit scientists/doctors whose findings are politically disadvantageous to you. The difference is like night and day.  

So you agree that doctors and scientists are disagreeing. Do you think all the test and information is in on covid. Have some of the lockdowns and mandates been made from day one only been made based on science or beliefs? I can only assume that was the only incorrect thing you found   In my statement than as you took the time to reply only to that part. The cdc has discredited it self saying no need for mask than mask are mandatory so what scientists at this time is the one you are choosing to agree with.

AAB87230-1A70-432F-AC52-DB14FD017485.jpeg

Former FBI attorney pleads guilty in Durham probe

Kevin Clinesmith admitted to altering an email used to seek surveillance warrants against former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page.

the only ones going to jail for Russia hoax is the FBI 

not hard to find the truth if you want to 

10 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

So you agree that doctors and scientists are disagreeing. Do you think all the test and information is in on covid. Have some of the lockdowns and mandates been made from day one only been made based on science or beliefs? I can only assume that was the only incorrect thing you found   In my statement than as you took the time to reply only to that part. The cdc has discredited it self saying no need for mask than mask are mandatory so what scientists at this time is the one you are choosing to agree with.

Jesus, this is like pulling teeth. Are you asking me if doctors and scientists have ever disagreed? Early advice to not wear masks was based on incredibly nascent information and in order to preserve supplies for front-line staff. A well-managed response would have been much clearer in explaining this. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that strongly supports mask wearing for the prevention of Covid infection.

Trump Administration Accomplishments

SHARE:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Almost 4 million jobs created since election.
  • More Americans are now employed than ever recorded before in our history.
  • We have created more than 400,000 manufacturing jobs since my election.
  • Manufacturing jobs growing at the fastest rate in more than THREE DECADES.
  • Economic growth last quarter hit 4.2 percent.
  • New unemployment claims recently hit a 49-year low.
  • Median household income has hit highest level ever recorded.
  • African-American unemployment has recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Hispanic-American unemployment is at the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Asian-American unemployment recently achieved the lowest rate ever recorded.
  • Women’s unemployment recently reached the lowest rate in 65 years.
  • Youth unemployment has recently hit the lowest rate in nearly half a century.
  • Lowest unemployment rate ever recorded for Americans without a high school diploma.
  • Under my Administration, veterans’ unemployment recently reached its lowest rate in nearly 20 years.
  • Almost 3.9 million Americans have been lifted off food stamps since the election.
  • The Pledge to America’s Workers has resulted in employers committing to train more than 4 million Americans. We are committed to VOCATIONAL education.
  • 95 percent of U.S. manufacturers are optimistic about the future—the highest ever.
  • Retail sales surged last month, up another 6 percent over last year.
  • Signed the biggest package of tax cuts and reforms in history. After tax cuts, over $300 billion poured back in to the U.S. in the first quarter alone.
  • As a result of our tax bill, small businesses will have the lowest top marginal tax rate in more than 80 years.
  • Helped win U.S. bid for the 2028 Summer Olympics in Los Angeles.
  • Helped win U.S.-Mexico-Canada’s united bid for 2026 World Cup.
  • Opened ANWR and approved Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines.
  • Record number of regulations eliminated.
  • Enacted regulatory relief for community banks and credit unions.
  • Obamacare individual mandate penalty GONE.
  • My Administration is providing more affordable healthcare options for Americans through association health plans and short-term duration plans.
  • Last month, the FDA approved more affordable generic drugs than ever before in history. And thanks to our efforts, many drug companies are freezing or reversing planned price increases.
  • We reformed the Medicare program to stop hospitals from overcharging low-income seniors on their drugs—saving seniors hundreds of millions of dollars this year alone.
  • Signed Right-To-Try legislation.
  • Secured $6 billion in NEW funding to fight the opioid epidemic.
  • We have reduced high-dose opioid prescriptions by 16 percent during my first year in office.
  • Signed VA Choice Act and VA Accountability Act, expanded VA telehealth services, walk-in-clinics, and same-day urgent primary and mental health care.
  • Increased our coal exports by 60 percent; U.S. oil production recently reached all-time high.
  • United States is a net natural gas exporter for the first time since 1957.
  • Withdrew the United States from the job-killing Paris Climate Accord.
  • Cancelled the illegal, anti-coal, so-called Clean Power Plan.
  • Secured record $700 billion in military funding; $716 billion next year.
  • NATO allies are spending $69 billion more on defense since 2016.
  • Process has begun to make the Space Force the 6th branch of the Armed Forces.
  • Confirmed more circuit court judges than any other new administration.
  • Confirmed Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch and nominated Judge Brett Kavanaugh.
  • Withdrew from the horrible, one-sided Iran Deal.
  • Moved U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem.
  • Protecting Americans from terrorists with the Travel Ban, upheld by Supreme Court.
  • Issued Executive Order to keep open Guantanamo Bay.
  • Concluded a historic U.S.-Mexico Trade Deal to replace NAFTA. And negotiations with Canada are underway as we speak.
  • Reached a breakthrough agreement with the E.U. to increase U.S. exports.
  • Imposed tariffs on foreign steel and aluminum to protect our national security.
  • Imposed tariffs on China in response to China’s forced technology transfer, intellectual property theft, and their chronically abusive trade practices.
  • Net exports are on track to increase by $59 billion this year.
  • Improved vetting and screening for refugees, and switched focus to overseas resettlement.
  • We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

and then there is  biden that did nothing in 47 years of gov except take money from country's like china 

• Like 4

O but because trump is a  bully type of guy ,  people  are  supposed to not  vote for him ,  you shouldn't  care  just like I don't  care if my doctor is a bully  if he does his job good .  media  gets into trumps  personality way to much ,  but does not  see the good he does.  Who cares if he is a/ hole most people  don't  like  there boss it is part of the job  . jimmy carter was a nice guy how did that work out for him as president .  

Edited by phantom

13 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Hey Phantom, are you related to Rattler and VJP??   They were second cousins you know so just wondering.   LOL

I think there more right then I am . I just think 78 year old  biden  is going to let the far  far left run the show and I'm not suicidal  lol  

Edited by phantom

28 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Jesus, this is like pulling teeth. Are you asking me if doctors and scientists have ever disagreed? Early advice to not wear masks was based on incredibly nascent information and in order to preserve supplies for front-line staff. A well-managed response would have been much clearer in explaining this. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence that strongly supports mask wearing for the prevention of Covid infection.

Not sure why it’s like pulling teeth as we agree wearing mask have been know to help to prevent the spreading of disease for along time. So what you are saying is the scientists at the CDC lied and discredited other scientists to preserve PPE, so I have no fundamental misunderstanding. Again the information  from the cdc scientists was not made on science it was made on a belief that ppe needed to be secured for front line workers. As it was not restocked after the Obama/Biden era h1n1 outbreak. 

4F2D2F25-2ED1-4FDA-B913-642BF7344DBA.jpeg

F9FBA1F0-2A14-4CA0-A3D0-E265FABB5823.jpeg

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Not sure why it’s like pulling teeth as we agree wearing mask have been know to help to prevent the spreading of disease for along time. So what you are saying is the scientists at the CDC lied and discredited other scientists to preserve PPE, so I have no fundamental misunderstanding. Again the information  from the cdc scientists was not made on science it was made on a belief that ppe needed to be secured for front line workers. As it was not restocked after the Obama/Biden era h1n1 outbreak. 

No, the recommendation was based on a scarcity of evidence at the time that universal mask wearing was necessary. Furthermore, maintaining a healthy hospital staff was essential to prevent the collapse of our healthcare system. The recommendations made sense given what we knew at the time. Where I place blame is in the poor communications strategy, where all these points should have been clearly spelled out. As we’re seeing now, a bunch of idiots are throwing science out the window because subsequent evidence (now very old) showed that respiratory transmission is a much more effective form of transmission than fomites.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

No, the recommendation was based on a scarcity of evidence at the time that universal mask wearing was necessary. Furthermore, maintaining a healthy hospital staff was essential to prevent the collapse of our healthcare system. The recommendations made sense given what we knew at the time. Where I place blame is in the poor communications strategy, where all these points should have been clearly spelled out. As we’re seeing now, a bunch of idiots are throwing science out the window because subsequent evidence (now very old) showed that respiratory transmission is a much more effective form of transmission than fomites.

The cdc lied and discredited other scientists to prevent people from hoarding ppe by lying it’s plain and simple this was not based on science. Just like you have already stated, why are you back tracking now? It is not new “nascent” information that mask help prevent the spread of corona viruses so the cdc lied and stated do not wear face mask put people at risk. 

56 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Early advice to not wear masks was based on incredibly nascent information and in order to preserve supplies for front-line staff. 

DD6C6DD9-7FA7-4251-AE9A-740805D43418.png

6 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

The cdc lied and discredited other scientists to prevent people from hoarding ppe by lying it’s plain and simple this was not based on science. Just like you have already stated, why are you back tracking now? It is not new “nascent” information that mask help prevent the spread of corona viruses so the cdc lied and stated do not wear face mask put people at risk. 

There's nothing contradictory in what I said. I can't keep rewording things for you to understand. 

ON the bright side, you guys are going to have 4 more years to  polish up your Trump hating. 

For the first time I’m starting to believe this may not be true... the question I really have is will Trump accept a loss and leave quietly or while he try to remain in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Chef said:

For the first time I’m starting to believe this may not be true... the question I really have is will Trump accept a loss and leave quietly or while he try to remain in power.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He won't go "quietly" but will without incident. How quietly will depend on the efforts made by the Dems to prolong the counting. (mail ins)

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

I understand completely but you must have meant yes not no that the cdc lied to people not based on science which was your original argument

Ok, one last time. In the absence of evidence that widespread mask use was essential in preventing the spread of Covid, recommending mask use exclusively to frontline workers (circulating air in hospital spaces, frequent interactions with Covid patiens, etc.) is not lying. Once clear that widespread mask use would help prevent the spread, the word was out. Now, I’m not going to be an apologist for this hamstrung version of the CDC. You saw just yesterday Trump once more undermining the agency…this is detrimental. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/16/politics/donald-trump-coronavirus-masks-health-experts/index.html 

• Like 1