Anyone fast ?

Nomad

So sense I gained a few with the gym closed five months and me being lazy I put on a few #s, I don’t diet to well so I fasted , From Wednesday nights dinner I didn’t eat till Friday AM, ( 36 hours )  nothing not even sneaked one grape , I was never once hungry. My bloated belly tighten up , today I ate normal yet still was hungry .

This was a piece of cake , I’m planning on fasting like this every third or fourth day . Anyone do this ?

• Like 3

So sense I gained a few with the gym closed five months and me being lazy I put on a few #s, I don’t diet to well so I fasted , From Wednesday nights dinner I didn’t eat till Friday AM, ( 36 hours )  nothing not even sneaked one grape , I was never once hungry. My bloated belly tighten up , today I ate normal yet still was hungry .
This was a piece of cake , I’m planning on fasting like this every third or fourth day . Anyone do this ?

I know several people who had a lot of success doing the 16/8 fast. Basically skip breakfast and eat only between 12pm - 8pm or 11am - 7pm. Pretty easy to do after a few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I fast 5-6 days a week I usually have my first bite to eat around 6pm. I'll eat dinner then maybe something else between dinner and bed.  I've been doing this for years since I have a sensitive stomach especially if eat in the early morning. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Yeah I fast.... between meals!

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Red said:

I fast 5-6 days a week I usually have my first bite to eat around 6pm. I'll eat dinner then maybe something else between dinner and bed.  I've been doing this for years since I have a sensitive stomach especially if eat in the early morning. 

Ya I have GERD , I have to watch ,coffee , spices, along with a few other things this  really calmed my stomach ,and throat down .

• Like 1

I do the 12 to 7 fast.  I fast between the hours of midnight and 7AM.  From 7AM till midnight, I eat as much as possible knowing I'm about to fast again after midnight.  I call it the "Gremlin" diet.

My wife tells me "you know, exercise isn't enough.  diet is also important."  I tell her I exercise so that I can eat whatever I want.

Whenever someone tells me I should "watch what I eat" I always tell them "I always watch what I eat.  If I ever look away the food gets on my chin or on my nose.  It'll get really messy."

Seriously all joking aside, I just drop the $2500 for the Peloton this afternoon.  Unfortunately delivery not till mid-Oct.  Will see if it helps.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I used to do a two week hard-core Master Cleanse fast every year. Nothing but water with maple syrup, cayenne pepper and lemons. Not sure I could handle it anymore.

Also did IF which worked well for me. 

Any "diet" that limits calories will work if you can stick with it. The secret is finding one that fits your schedule and mind set, and allows you to function.

I was faster when I was young, but I am still pretty quick for an old guy.  I put in a lot of time on a stationary bike year-round (while watching old movies on vcr) to keep legs in shape.  My younger daughter is the fastest kid on her high school field hockey team.

When it comes to eating, only when i can't find any food.  I have a high metabolism and eat a lot (as much as the total of the three women in our family).  I am trying to catch me some fish right now but not having much luck so far. I need the wind to pick up a bit so I can sneak in on them.  Here it comes so I got to go.  Goodluck on your diet.

Edited by wolc123
  • Like 1

I usually eat between noon and 8 each day I never eat breakfast so. Fast every day from 8pm til 12 noon the next day.  I will admit I put on weight early in the pandemic but it’s coming off over the summer.  I need to get back to going to the gym. 

I do some fasting but do not consider myself to be fanatical, personally I do see some benefits.

This society has been long in the belief of eating three square meals a day. Back in the day when many people's jobs entailed physical labor that at times easily was the equivalent of a good gym workout those extra calories were needed, these days not so much.

Fasting properly has shown to be very beneficial, along with eating the proper foods and some exercise one can live a healthy life.

"The Obesity Code" is a book written by Jason Fung MD is one of the best guides I have read for anyone looking to try fasting.

Obesity is the route of all evil when it comes to health, I believe just about every malady known to man can be linked to overweight.

Al

• Like 1

I’ve been doing 12-18 hour fasting 7 days a week for three months not only did I lose 42 pounds. My doctor cut my diabetes meds in half. She said keep it up and I’ll be off them altogether. Another 12-20 pounds and I’ll be a happy hunter. I’m going to try the carnivore diet for two weeks to see if it will knock the last few pounds off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I’ve been doing 12-18 hour fasting 7 days a week for three months not only did I lose 42 pounds. My doctor cut my diabetes meds in half. She said keep it up and I’ll be off them altogether. Another 12-20 pounds and I’ll be a happy hunter. I’m going to try the carnivore diet for two weeks to see if it will knock the last few pounds off.

Congrats- Try this site for receipt ideas:

https://paleoleap.com/paleo-meal-plan/

The sausage breakfast casserole is a staple in my hunting pack!

• Like 1

If i even skip breakfast my stomach will be so upset that i feels like im gonna be sick . 

I used to be that way and think that way, but if you want to try it you’ll be fine after a few days not eating till 12pm and feel super light on your feet

On 9/6/2020 at 8:54 AM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I used to be that way and think that way, but if you want to try it you’ll be fine after a few days not eating till 12pm and feel super light on your feet

Kellogg’s had a marketing campaign to, sell their new breakfast cereal , which started the whole “ breakfast is the most important meal “ thing .

• Like 1