New 6.8 build

NonTypical

5F5CF87D-EB8E-404A-9662-106012207F6F.thumb.jpeg.2692fff832d398da1458d04e20dfb00b.jpegFinally got my upper squared away and my new 6.8 “Sleepy Joe AR14” is finally complete. I went with an ARP 18” mid weight barrel with 3r 1:11.25 twist, ARP superbolt, and a LaRue 2 stage trigger. I got a great deal on a Leupold 1.5-5x20mm scope. I went with a Thordsen stock, but I may be changing it out and putting a magpul  on it like my other lower. I also plan on buying another AR Maglock and kingpin as well. I had a very hard time getting the carrier for this. And as it turned out just when I had about given up and purchased another BCG, this one showed up. So I’ll probably have a brand new BCG with a superbolt up for sale next week if anyone is interested. 

Luckily, I started buying ammo for this back in June. I have several different types that I’ll be trying out, including some SPCII Speer gold dots   hand loads that I purchased for a great price. In fact, he is supposed to start loading Cavity Back bullets as well for sale in the near future. Hopefully I can get out in the next week or 2 to see how she shoots. 

Edited by NonTypical
  • Like 2

Finally got to the range today and I am super happy with the way this thing shoots. I shot Some Federal 90 gr gold dots, some hand loads from Druid Hill Armory which were also 90 gr gold dots, Nosler 115 BTHP, and finally some Hornady 120 gr SST. They all shot great groups, and if I use it for deer, I’ll probably shoot the SST’s. If Cavity Back Bullets ever decides to sell loaded ammunition, that’ll be at the top of my list. 
I also shot my .223 Wylde for the first time as well. What a tack driver. I can shoot that thing all day! I might have to get into hunting yotes now. 

• Like 2