Ground Blind Set Up

JALA RUT

I've never used a ground blind before, prefering hunting out of tree stands, but seems every year I debate trying one out and this year I finally decided to give it a go. Set it up today outside of a pretty decent bedding area and tried brushing it in so it doesn't stand out like a sore thumb. I'll gladly take any advice on getting used to hunting out of a blind or brushing it in.  How does this set up seem to look?

20200905_115411.jpg

20200905_115425.jpg

20200905_115527.jpg

• Like 5

Looks pretty good. I always try to use whatever is around for extra cover to tuck into.  High grass, an old brush pile etc.  That color of blind looks like it fits in well with that spot. 

And I like to open the back and wear camo inside it so there isn't any solid black.  But some guys dress in black and sit inside. 

I just put a new one up today too. I don't really like hunting out of a blind but sometimes the terrain leaves you no choice. And they are nice on a windy cold day too. 

IMG_20200905_100419513.jpg

IMG_20200905_100459687.jpg

IMG_20200905_095019805_HDR.jpg

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 4

One thing with setting up ground blinds for deer...Set them up well before you want to hunt from them, because deer WILL notice something that was not there a day or two ago

Unlike turkeys....You can put a popup blind in an open feild, and turkeys will pay no attention to it, unless it moves.

• Like 1

Practice shooting sitting down especially if bow hunting. Find a good quiet swivel chair. Beat to practice shooting how feom
That chair in the blond. Bow holder that sticks in the ground (are The Academy page for samples).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ 1. Definitely shoot from that exact blind in that exact spot. Know which windows you’ll have open and which ones you’ll keep closed. Swivel chairs work great, without arms are best for bow hunting IMO. I don’t use a bow holder but rather lean it standing up against my bookbag right next to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I've been a still hunter my whole life. Never sat in a stand or a blind. Lately thinking of buying a Muddy 2 man Infinity pop up for those days where it looks like a hard, steady rain. I love still hunting in a lite drizzle, but I'm getting older now, and a cold heavy rain just might get me sick and put me out of action. At least I'll be in the game instead of back at camp feeding the fire and drinking beer.

Jala Rut, your blind should look great once the woods are in fall/winter color. Good Luck

• Like 3

I set up a Ground Blind recently on Public Land and being Public Land you cannot or should not bring anything in , in other words use the surrounding branches , trees , brush .... whatever is available . The only thing I brought into the area is a 5 gal. plastic bucket - available everywhere - too sit on !

Blind.jpg

Left.jpg

Right.jpg

• Like 3