First Buck!

5 minutes ago, blaine35 said:

About 1975, 5 point was running, seemed like 100 yds but was probably 50, 32 Winchester special with open sights

5 point.png

My brother has that same gun.  Only rifle he has.  I always really liked it  but I got a 30/30 ammo was easier to find. He had a peep on it and it seemed to be a good shooter. 

• Like 1

MY first harvest ever, 11/12/2001 Day after Veterans Day. I was 15 years old.. A monday we had off from school.. Shot him 45minutes after I had just missed one of the biggest bucks Ive seen in my entire life, standing in the exact same spot... at 16 steps 8ft from the ground. Lol. 

20171112_131632.jpg

Edited by LET EM GROW
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

MY first harvest ever, 11/12/2001 Day after Veterans Day. A monday we had off from school.. Shot him 45minutes after I had just missed one of the biggest bucks Ive seen in my entire life, standing in the exact same spot... at 16 steps 8ft from the ground. Lol. 

20171112_131632.jpg

That miss was intentional I am sure.  Don't want to set that bar to high too early.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

That miss was intentional I am sure.  Don't want to set that bar to high too early.

The day before I got my first buck with a bow, I missed a small basket 6.  

Glad it worked out the way it did... clean miss and I took the weird 7 point the next day.  

To this day the only atypical buck I've seen on the property. 

1282460214_photo2.JPG.e50987028670cfefa0b7891e213d3962.JPG

Edited by johnplav
  • Like 8

First buck also first deer. 1999. Taken at around 9:30am from the ground at something around 40 yards with a Winchester model 94 30-30 that my dad took his first deer with. I thought to be sick that Monday and didn't make it to school.

Still hunt that same spot. Chair placed behind a big pine tree trunk. The frame to the chair is still there laying in the duff probably. Shot my first bow buck a stone throw away. It was a similar size symmetrical 6pt.b13613b394fdae4b31abf80b87c78ac9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 7

First buck also first deer. 1999. Taken at around 9:30am from the ground at something around 40 yards with a Winchester model 94 30-30 that my dad took his first deer with. I thought to be sick that Monday and didn't make it to school.

Still hunt that same spot. Chair placed behind a big pine tree trunk. The frame to the chair is still there laying in the duff probably. Shot my first bow buck a stone throw away. It was a similar size symmetrical 6pt.b13613b394fdae4b31abf80b87c78ac9.jpg&key=49bf90daffe2f8aa2de1cc27a3183b5548ad1e8bb8e259fa1bf1f1008b74f4be

I had a jumpsuit like that one too!

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

2 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Intentional, I wish I was that good.  More like unintentional from shaking so badly, i didnt even have the pin settled anywheres near the deer and i squeezed that trigger! lol, Watched him slowly walk off.. I remember it clear as day. Missed him by a lot lol  

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I was at our Training Center today, where I keep my mounts, snapped a photo of my first buck/first deer. November 17th, 2001. I watched him come 100 yards across a pasture, and he entered the woods at around 20yds. My first shot with my 1100 hit good, and my second was a spine shot. I was so excited, I fell off of the ladder while I was climbing down. I was fortunate to take him while hunting with my uncle, who got me into deer hunting. If you’ll notice, his left ear is where my screen name is derived from. 

D91BD086-AA32-4216-AB27-330D499BCFF3.jpeg

Edited by Splitear
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Splitear said:

I was at our Training Center today, where I keep my mounts, snapped a photo of my first buck/first deer. November 17th, 2001. I watched him come 100 yards across a pasture, and he entered the woods at around 20yds. My first shot with my 1100 hit good, and my second was a spine shot. I was so excited, I fell off of the ladder while I was climbing down. I was fortunate to take him while hunting with my uncle, who got me into deer hunting. If you’ll notice, his left ear is where my screen name is derived from. 

D91BD086-AA32-4216-AB27-330D499BCFF3.jpeg

Look at the brow tines on that thing! I would have fallen off the ladder too!

• Like 2

D91BD086-AA32-4216-AB27-330D499BCFF3.thumb.jpeg.4bb66c48f1a3da0e67a9ca395307c433.jpeg

I would have quit hunting right then and their! That’s a tough first to top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

D91BD086-AA32-4216-AB27-330D499BCFF3.thumb.jpeg.4bb66c48f1a3da0e67a9ca395307c433.jpeg

Awesome buck. Ever have him scored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wow!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Awesome buck. Ever have him scored?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Never had him scored, I’m not sure what he would go. I should say, this isn’t a New York deer, but from my home state of Illinois. I was a sophomore in High School, and it was my 3rd season of hunting, I’d missed a few does, but he was a great first. 

• Like 1

I shot  my first buck on the day after Thanksgiving, 1966...No pictures..Probably didn't have any film for the Kodak Insta-Matic...

I shot him with a win M37 12 gauge single shot at about 75 yards...The shotgun had been stripped of bluing by someone and never reblued..It had a tiny little front bead, and, of course, no rear sight...

I was aiming at the chest and missed him completely the first shot..The second shot ( still aiming for the chest) I hit him right behind the ear....

He was a 3 point, with a fork on one side and a spike on the other...However, I was so excited I did not realize he had a fork on one side...Dragged him about 200 yards  up over a steep hill by the spike...It kept slipping out of my hand and I formed and broke two water blisters on my hand by the time I got him to the top...

• Like 4

I shot  my first buck on the day after Thanksgiving, 1966...No pictures..Probably didn't have any film for the Kodak Insta-Matic...
I shot him with a win M37 12 gauge single shot at about 75 yards...The shotgun had been stripped of bluing by someone and never reblued..It had a tiny little front bead, and, of course, no rear sight...
I was aiming at the chest and missed him completely the first shot..The second shot ( still aiming for the chest) I hit him right behind the ear....
He was a 3 point, with a fork on one side and a spike on the other...However, I was so excited I did not realize he had a fork on one side...Dragged him about 200 yards  up over a steep hill by the spike...It kept slipping out of my hand and I formed and broke two water blisters on my hand by the time I got him to the top...

I was 5 months old when you shot your first buck! Damn...

I have no pics of my first buck. I know it was a buttons buck, a huge button buck! I think it scored 2 1/8 P/Y.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 9/17/2020 at 11:23 AM, dbHunterNY said:

Still hunt that same spot. Chair placed behind a big pine tree trunk. The frame to the chair is still there laying in the duff probably. Shot my first bow buck a stone throw away. It was a similar size symmetrical 6pt.b13613b394fdae4b31abf80b87c78ac9.jpg

Rockin the Trebark!

12 hours ago, Steuben Jerry said:

Cant find a pic of my first deer at the moment, a spike. But this was was my second buck. Taken where I live now. Circa 1990.

ETA, I see I previously posted my first. 

A81DABA3-8F0D-48B3-8D2F-48038A86F097.jpeg

Geeze Jerry, now I understand why your lovely wife is such a pretty lady    You were a good looking STUD back then  !!

• Haha 3