Nose Button

Five Seasons

I had a kisser installed on my new Mathews Traverse last year but it popped off early on. I went looking for another make and model a few weeks ago and stumbled upon nose buttons.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the device and at $17, it's not a bad item to try if you're looking for an improved anchor. I did have to adjust my horizontal site just a tad as I'm using the tip of my nose vs the side now. I can also more easily shoot with 2 eyes open and my groupings at 35 improved instantly. Hardest part of the install is tying the knot haha. 

Anyhow, thought I'd share the love for those unaware of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0858KLXKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeremy K said:

OMG ,is that seriously what they charge for those ?  What's the difference between the button and just touching the string to your nose?

It puts you in the same spot everytime, but I think id just tie a serving nock on if I wanted that third reference. Levi uses the button and hes a pretty decent shooter lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

OMG ,is that seriously what they charge for those ?  What's the difference between the button and just touching the string to your nose?

you will always place the string on the same spot of your nose which is good for horizontal accuracy, but you may place the string at a different vertical positions of the string if that makes sense. Note I didn't really see any benefit at 20 yards without it, but I did get better groupings at 35 where just a little bit of difference matters. 

I think if you have a rock solid jaw placement and you're happy with that, then don't bother. $17 isn't a ton of money for me and I had an issue in the stand last year with a facemask and I'm confident this would have prevented it by getting my vertical positioning correct. 

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

Bomar is a douche bag. His nose button is solid, very repeatable and instant feed back. Very well thought out. A 1/4 peep gives a lot of play and more consistent anchor will clear up some left right drift.

The idea is solid but IMO a serving nock is the same thing only lighter and costs $.16

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

The idea is solid but IMO a serving nock is the same thing only lighter and costs $.16

Not even close to the same feel against your nose, i have served in nocks and also used dloop material. The nose button weights so little its of no consequence, less then a D loop... as for the cost, its a non-issue as well. 16cents or 16 bucks makes no difference to me.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Trial153 said:

Bomar is a douche bag. His nose button is solid, very repeatable and instant feed back. Very well thought out. A 1/4 peep gives a lot of play and more consistent anchor will clear up some left right drift.

i'm not familiar with the man. curious why you say he's a douche. I also found it helped me find my jaw anchor more consistently as I know where "vertically" i'm placing my nose on the string. But yes, mostly helped with left/right for me at 30+ yards. Instead of just sort of placing on the side of my nose i'm finding a consistent spot on the tip.

4 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

yes, but I do like the poke in the nose. $17 isn't the end of the world for me.

On 9/10/2020 at 8:50 AM, Belo said:

I had a kisser installed on my new Mathews Traverse last year but it popped off early on. I went looking for another make and model a few weeks ago and stumbled upon nose buttons.

I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the device and at $17, it's not a bad item to try if you're looking for an improved anchor. I did have to adjust my horizontal site just a tad as I'm using the tip of my nose vs the side now. I can also more easily shoot with 2 eyes open and my groupings at 35 improved instantly. Hardest part of the install is tying the knot haha. 

Anyhow, thought I'd share the love for those unaware of them.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0858KLXKC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

My son just put one of these on his bow 3-4 weeks ago. He loves it and said it helped his accuracy.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Belo said:

i'm not familiar with the man. curious why you say he's a douche.

Aside from the bear spearing thing, he and his wife are facing a raft of poaching charges. I've listened to a few podcasts and he does come across like an entitled prick. Lots of forum/reddit talk if you're interested.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/josh-bowmar-on-kifarucast-talking-about-fish-and-game-issues-law-suit.150427/

3 minutes ago, left field said:

Aside from the bear spearing thing, he and his wife are facing a raft of poaching charges. I've listened to a few podcasts and he does come across like an entitled prick. Lots of forum/reddit talk if you're interested.

https://www.rokslide.com/forums/threads/josh-bowmar-on-kifarucast-talking-about-fish-and-game-issues-law-suit.150427/

They have a law suit against the game commission for taking a video of his wife taking a piss.