19 years ago tomorrow (never forget)

Water Rat

A couple of images have always stuck in my mind from that day (other than the obvious terrible horrific ones). 

At work the first time i was able to get to a TV and there was a portly old guy covered in dust and basically panting saying "70 years old, I guess i can still run, what the hell is happening?"

and that night had to take a break from watching it and couldnt sleep, so went out on the deck at about 11 with a beer, and it was so clear and could see every star it seemed, but it struck me that you didnt see a single plane.  

Terrible day for sure.

Terrible day in our history, never forget!  Also, almost a quarter of the amount of people that the piece of shit Andrew Cuomo has killed during this pandemic, died that day.  Never forget that the government will exploit a tragedy/emergency to push it's agenda (on either "side"), or seize power at the expense of it's citizen's liberties. 

• Like 1

I was a brand new teacher in a brand new school in a suburb of the city and it was our first full day with students. Terrifying on so many levels.
Parents rushing into school to take their kids - no security it protocols like today and we had no information as to why they were doing it. School forbade us from turning on the tv or radios.
Never forget

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember well.  I was driving to work.  I was a archery tech at a local gun, archery shop. First plane hit while I was in route.  2nd hit while at work.  That day was crazy, along with the following couple weeks.  We sold out of guns and ammo.   I purchased 4 Bushmaster AR's  that day. 

IIRC, my price was just under $600...  I sold those from my truck for $1000.00.  The store was pretty much empty of any type of firearms.  The Archery sales actually jumped also.