Colonoscopy tomorrow.

Otto

Well, I had a fun afternoon!  Going in tomorrow morning for a checkup colonoscopy.  The new prep fluids are quite a bit easier to swallow and produce the same result.  Second dose in the morning, then 10 minutes of deep deep sleep.  Wish me luck for a clean bill of health.  

And if you are over 50. And have not had one yet, it is time to get one scheduled.  A co-worker just found out she has colon cancer, which was prevalent in her family (sister just died from it a few months ago) and had never had a checkup because “everything was fine”.  DO IT. YOU MAY SAVE YOUR OWN LIFE. 

• Like 12

My wife goes for hers on Monday.  I'm 55 and had one scheduled, but I refuse to get a covid test to get a simple procedure done. I asked if the doctor is going to be tested the day of as well as all of the staff? They said no.  So, docs and staff who are more likely to come in contact with covid don't need to be tested to protect my safety.  

Edited by mowin

I was having an acid reflux problem right around the time of my first scheduled colonoscopy. The doctor said, "No problem, we can also put a scope down your throat when you're out."

"So you're going in both ends?"

Without missing a beat, he replied, "Now you know what prison is like." 

I have a new doctor.

Good luck, O.

• Like 1

I’ve done four of them and the procedure has improved vastly over the last eight years. Much more... comfortable..but very important. Don’t be the tough guy who won’t let a doctor any where near their butt hole. Real men get colonoscopies! Live to hunt for many more years.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone , it went well.  Home now resting up.  I will be able to finally watch the last 2 episodes of Yellowstone.  They Found a couple of polyps that will be tested. Results in 2 weeks.  Otherwise all good.

• Like 9

Thanks everyone , it went well.  Home now resting up.  I will be able to finally watch the last 2 episodes of Yellowstone.  They Found a couple of polyps that will be tested. Results in 2 weeks.  Otherwise all good.

Atta boy...might I suggest a rewind to the water trough scene...you earned it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Got my results today.  One is benign, the other was not benign - but had not become cancerous yet.  It was removed and a follow up colonoscopy is supposed to be in 7 years, which I think is way too long for someone my age.  Will have a follow up appointment with the gastro and my regular Dr. to learn more.  Just googled some if it and I would rather not try to decipher all the possibilities and scenarios until I talk to the professionals.  

Good news/ bad news - but overall more good than bad.

• Like 10