TriPod Stand

fasteddie

I was going to put my Tripod Stand on a property in Geneseo . Due to the land owner's health condition I changed my mind . I took it my son's property in Honeoye Falls and we assembled it today . We did the assembly in an open area on part of his property but plan to move it toward the back about 100 yards . Didn't put the swivel seat or skirt on it yet .It's 15' to the top rail .

Tripod 4.jpg

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Chef said:

How stable is it, are you able to adjust the legs for uneven ground? So you wear a harness when up top?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question . The ladder legs are fixed but the other two legs have holes for 6 or 7 incremental adjustment . I plan to put all the legs on pieces of 2" X 12" boards so the feet can't sink into the ground . The area where we are going to place the stand is a bushy area with a couple of 6" diameter trees to anchor it to . I don't think it would be safe to use this in an area where it would be free standing and not anchored to something . It has a rail that goes all the way around but if someone got careless they could still fall . We haven't figured out where to fasten a harness strap to yet . 

• Like 1

Have one on our property that my grandfather purchased,i have yet to hunt it though haha!needs better placement but seems good for gun hunting.currently its backed up to a few tree's overlooking back of field,not concealed well enough.we tied off to tree's aswell,seems pretty solid.good luck from it this season!!

• Like 1