This year’s lineup

rachunter

11 hours ago, Pygmy said:

Remington Mountain Rifle in 7MM08,   Winchester M70 in .280 Rem,  and perhaps my M-1 Garand will be in the blind for relatively close shots where I feel confident with the issue sights..

My muzzleloader is a vintage TC Hawken .50 cal. with a tang peep sight that my ex wife gave me for my birthday in 1976...

I haven't fired a shotgun slug since they legalized rifles in my area and I'd prefer to keep it that way...Hehehe...

Aint that Hatchet Jack's rifle??

Diamond Provider bow

Carbon Express X-Force Advantex crossbow 

Savage .308

Remmington 887 Nitro Mag or H&R single shot. The Remy is a pump, but the H&R has a much shorter barrel. It's actually a 10ga barrel drilled for a 12ga. It feel like a cannon, but has mild recoil. 

Traditions Vortek Ultralight LD

Not sure how much time I'll actually have this year, but these are the tools if and when I do get out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

Diamond Provider bow

Carbon Express X-Force Advantex crossbow 

Savage .308

Remmington 887 Nitro Mag or H&R single shot. The Remy is a pump, but the H&R has a much shorter barrel. It's actually a 10ga barrel drilled for a 12ga. It feel like a cannon, but has mild recoil. 

Traditions Vortek Ultralight LD

Not sure how much time I'll actually have this year, but these are the tools if and when I do get out.

How do you like the Diamond provider bow?   My buddy got a new one for this season.

Love it. 

To be fair, I don't have a ton of bow experience. I couldn't say how it compares to Hoyt or PSE, Matthews, etc.. For me though, it's light in the hand, no hand shock, balances well, quiet, and is a shooter. The heavier arrow setup I'm using is causing my arrow speed to drop a bit, but still plenty fast enough for deer.