Southern Zone bow/ML Late season B/O

Doc

Did you ever think BO catches the eye of someone whacko, and now he's going to shoot you ????

I hunt in high gun pressure areas.

This time of year (late mz/bow), I wear it in transit only unless I'm 100 percent not visible from the road. While in stand I usually hang my hat on the hook and that's it. I've lost a few stands a day AFTER hunting them late season wearing my b/o hat and vest - I figured out that the goonies were likely seeing me from the roads and coming in that night to boost the stands. Tracks in snow right from road to the stand...as if they knew the stand was there without having to look for it (no wandering paths, etc.).

Edited by phade

I will be wearing blaze orange. Long story short, someone got permission to hunt a 5 acre piece that borders me and my neighbor. Two big blinds were constructed and multiple people are hunting from this property. I have had trespassers this year for the first time.

My neighbor has caught them in his blinds and a lot of shooting coming from the property. I'll be safe than sorry.

I will be wearing blaze orange. Long story short, someone got permission to hunt a 5 acre piece that borders me and my neighbor. Two big blinds were constructed and multiple people are hunting from this property. I have had trespassers this year for the first time.

My neighbor has caught them in his blinds and a lot of shooting coming from the property. I'll be safe than sorry.

Wow. That's unreal.

This time of year (late mz/bow), I wear it in transit only unless I'm 100 percent not visible from the road. While in stand I usually hang my hat on the hook and that's it. I've lost a few stands a day AFTER hunting them late season wearing my b/o hat and vest - I figured out that the goonies were likely seeing me from the roads and coming in that night to boost the stands. Tracks in snow right from road to the stand...as if they knew the stand was there without having to look for it (no wandering paths, etc.).

This time of year (late mz/bow), I wear it in transit only unless I'm 100 percent not visible from the road. While in stand I usually hang my hat on the hook and that's it. I've lost a few stands a day AFTER hunting them late

season wearing my b/o hat and vest - I figured out that the goonies were likely seeing me from the roads and coming in that night to boost the stands. Tracks in snow right from road to the stand...as if they knew the stand was there without having to look for it (no wandering paths, etc.).

I can't stand thieves....

But on topic not during bow.or late MZ... but have just started during Reg Season.

If there is a firearms deer season in progress, I don't take a single step inside the woods (or any other place that may hold a deer) without some pretty substantial blaze orange. So if somebody is going to shoot me it will only be because they want to ...... lol.

I hear ya Doc ! When I walk my dog during deer season down the Hojack trail in Webtser I wear orange as I know guys hunt some of the woods along side this town trail. Get looks from the joggers and such.

I also ALWAYS have a means to return fire..... Lately I've been going old school S+W .357 .

Any place in the SZ I like to have at lease a hat on during any type of firearms season. Although I have hunted the Northern part of the SZ without and allso on private property in Roscoe I do not recommend it. If you are in a bow only no. IF thier are guns in the area at all wear it... Simply put it will be safer... I never wear orange in the ADK regaurdless of season but MOST hunters up North identify thier prey, one reason I like that area better in so far as safety... But even up thier idiots can be found. I have noticed more of my hunting party using it but they are all maried now which changed thier outlook on safety... Just make sure if you shoot any deer, put it on before you get to the deer and while dragging out. Another thing I need to remember if I ever get another Buck...

• 2 weeks later...