Metal vs wood pole barn

First-light

For what it's worth I do not know anyone that is doing a metal frame for their pole barn everyone is wood framed with pre-engineered wood trusses and the metal panel facade. 

Not sure how soon you want to put this up but if you can wait I suggest you do. Lumber is up 250 percent right now with no end in sight. 

• Like 1

For what it's worth I do not know anyone that is doing a metal frame for their pole barn everyone is wood framed with pre-engineered wood trusses and the metal panel facade. 
Not sure how soon you want to put this up but if you can wait I suggest you do. Lumber is up 250 percent right now with no end in sight. 
Holy crap 250%....I knew it was high but holy hell my addition would have been a no go at those costs.

Sorry to thread crap....carry on with pole barns!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I had a 30 X 40 constructed for our garage about 12 years ago. Wood framing with metal siding, concrete floor and about 1/3 of a loft. Looks as good today as it did the day it was put up.

I was more concerned with looks as it was going next to the house, and my wife wanted a more "residential looking" build to match up a bit with the house.

In the winter I cram in two boats, two quads, a tractor, lawn tractor, and still can squeeze in a truck and a car. It goes together like a puzzle, but it's tight.

I like your idea better with a 30 x 50. Wish I had the extra 10 feet for more wiggle room.

• Like 4