DMAPs tags - who's applied for them?

Local QDM co-op I manage (to a small degree) received their 2020-2021 deer season Deer Management Assistance tags in the mail today. We're in Wildlife Management Unit 4C. Curious, anyone hear apply for them whether under forest management, custom deer management, etc.?

14 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Local QDM co-op I manage (to a small degree) received their 2020-2021 deer season Deer Management Assistance tags in the mail today. We're in Wildlife Management Unit 4C. Curious, anyone hear apply for them whether under forest management, custom deer management, etc.?

I thought about it but ,I have enough hunters to take the 10 doe a year I need removed to keep population stable.

i think here the usual take is around 3 doe per square mile. we're doing QDM related stuff (some people more and some less) which possibly might produce or attract more deer per square mile. we're also passing bucks more so than the surrounding area so it gives them opportunity and helps keep the population more balanced. constant fight to keep bucks alive a little more so we don't have to take so many doe to keep a balance. a lot of tags out this year. wonder if higher license sales factor into the target number for tags handed out too. we'll see how we do. might end up requesting to get less if the consensus is that they shouldn't be filled. thousands of acres so i have to rely on each of the landowners to tell me needs for their own properties.

I received my dmap permits in the mail today. I have my land in the Forestry Program. Had it logged last year and the under growth now looks like a jungle. Great cover for deer and other critters. Last year my Forester recommended that I apply for the permits as he noticed a lot of browsing of the forest regen. I'm overrun with deer in 4O,  especially with the awesome fawn crop this year.

Most of my land owner neighbors that abut me are still old school and don't  believe in harvesting does. I'll fill the tags as long as they all go to needy families.