Justice Ginsburg

On 9/24/2020 at 9:27 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

It’s important to be clear eyed about what’s happening. Trump’s disregard for the rule of law and refusal to follow longstanding norms that have kept our democracy healthy needs to be stated.  Like hitler, Trump aims to divide by appealing to the worst aspects of human nature, for political gain. Watching the Republican leadership leave or fall in line has been even more startling.  The parallels are evident and you shouldn’t shy away from saying so. 

1FCB9A74-2E5A-4957-8709-9DF581EE96C3.jpeg

https://www.factcheck.org/2018/12/ruth-bader-ginsburg-taken-way-out-of-context/ 

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Jan. 30, 2012: You should certainly be aided by all the constitution writing that has gone on since the end of World War II. I would not look to the U.S. Constitution if I were drafting a constitution in the year 2012. I might look at the constitution of South Africa — that was a deliberate attempt to have a fundamental instrument of government that embraced basic human rights, had an independent judiciary. It really is, I think, a great piece of work that was done. Much more recently than the U.S. Constitution, Canada has the Charter of Rights and Freedoms — dates from 1982. You would almost certainly look at the European Convention on Human Rights. So, yes, why not take advantage of what there is elsewhere in the world? 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/District_of_Columbia_v._Heller 

The article states “Justice Stevens' dissent was joined by Justices David SouterRuth Bader Ginsburg, and Stephen Breyer.” 

Apparently Justice Ginsberg did not accept the fact that the Second Amendment states that “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.”  It is the word “people” that scares all the anti-gun constitutional scholars, because it did not just limit possession of firearms for legal purposes to only the military, militia and law enforcement.  We can only wonder what kind of constitution she would have written.

• Like 2

On 9/25/2020 at 3:11 PM, Versatile_Hunter said:

Thanks! Now go give phantom and co a hand

and maybe you should spend more time following what is going on with politics  if you are going to talk about it instead of grammar  .You are on a hunting and gun site and are pushing for the side that's proven by there actions they are no friend to gun and hunting folks .  

11 minutes ago, phantom said:

and maybe you should spend more time following what is going on with politics  if you are going to talk about it instead of grammar  .You are on a hunting and gun site and are pushing for the side that's proven by there actions they are no friend to gun and hunting folks .  

No no, you missed it. There are plenty of hunters and shooters who have endorsed Biden and his policies. I even have a thread about it. Check it out! http://sportsmenandsportswomenforbiden.com/about-us/ 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

No no, you missed it. There are plenty of hunters and shooters who have endorsed Biden and his policies. I even have a thread about it. Check it out! http://sportsmenandsportswomenforbiden.com/about-us/ 

Here figure it out for yourself what states make it harder to get started in the gun and hunting sports  are they red or blue  not  hard to figure it out , put them in charge and  they are just going  to make it worse   . you want to stop crime you let cops do there job not hard to figure out taking guns from citizens has nothing to do with it . look what's been happing lately in no gun nyc for example cops are stopped from doing there jobs and  shootings went  up over 100% .