early bow opener

rachunter

Anyone heading up or out for the early opener next sunday[9/27] ? I always go with my brother but backed out this year because it's always to hot to hunt,plus i'm waiting until october for the muzzle loader/crossbow.I've been rethinking it with these cooler temp. I may run up and hunt sunday/monday 

Anyone go out ?

• Like 1

I was planning on it this year. Then I got a nasty boo-boo on my trigger finger so I'll miss this and the SZ bow opener. This cold snap has them moving a little more then usual here around home, so up north I'd bet they will be moving more.

Good luck if you head up next weekend.

• Thanks 1

Yeap.. I have an area 15 minutes away in a wma that I have scouted for this year. I moved my camera last week and I found tons of fresh rubs . I keep on seeing this pair on my camera in 3 different spots a mile apart at the furthest.. Maybe the rubs will help me pin him down.

12885.jpeg

20200917_175233.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just got home was up at my house for 5 days hunted in between the rain saw a spike(no shot) had a doe at 13yrds. one branch in the way.I left the branch there in july when i was trimming lanes.I thought it would be to open if i cut it. Heading back up in 12 days for the crossbow/muzzle loader opener.I have 9 days planned for that hunt so hopefully i'll get it done then.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, rachunter said:

Just got home was up at my house for 5 days hunted in between the rain saw a spike(no shot) had a doe at 13yrds. one branch in the way.I left the branch there in july when i was trimming lanes.I thought it would be to open if i cut it. Heading back up in 12 days for the crossbow/muzzle loader opener.I have 9 days planned for that hunt so hopefully i'll get it done then.

I am heading up that Friday for the same stretch.  I might catch the last hour or two Friday with the crossbow if the drive is good.  Then a full week with the ML, followed by 2 days of rifle.

I will try for a big smallmouth, if it gets warm enough to take a boat out at midday, and help my father in law get everything ready for winter.  No luck on bears in the center of the Adirondack park last weekend. Maybe they will cooperate more, up on the NW corner, in a couple more weeks.

Good luck on your hunts.  Our venison supply is still pretty good, with about 1.5 deer left in the freezer, but I am hoping to fill at least my antlerless tag up there over that stretch.  That was no trouble for me last time I had a full week up there in 2016.

• Like 1

Heading up a couple days after you. Hunting the Siamese Ponds Wilderness and the West Canada Lake Wilderness with the bow for 4 days then the firearms opener on the 24th.

We bought a used car top carrier so I'm hoping to have room for fishing gear this year. I want some late season Bass this year!

Good luck on your hunt.

• Like 1