Online ammo

7 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

If you end up needing the 30-30 lever evolution, let me know.  I am sure I could spare a box.  This ammo craziness will pass eventually again.  

Thanks much!!  I've got a box so should be good for season.  And will have to keep checking to get a couple extra when they are avail.  

27 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

If you end up needing the 30-30 lever evolution, let me know.  I am sure I could spare a box.  This ammo craziness will pass eventually again.  

Nice offer ! Eventually . We have a perfect storm of people home with not much to do, so recreational shooting has increased. Unrest has caused 5 million new gun owners , and they gotta feed those guns , everyone with gramps old gun has been buying ammo for it . Current gun owners have realized a solid supply at home is warranted . Will those things level off ? Sure, until the next ,thing comes along .

Industry insiders are saying they won’t be caught up until sometime in 2021  , they add that election may also have an impact pushing it well into that year ( some saying 2022 !)  . More “ unrest “ is the wild card .

Hunting ammo was the last type to become scarce, Ive  been on online sites a few times a week for the last couple months one could see that supply dwindle as the season approached. 

Nomads prediction, snow shovels will be in short supply after the first heavy snow .

• Haha 1

I like to have three boxes of 20 in stock for each rifle.  I've got prob 50 rounds for the 06, 25 rounds for the 30/30 and 25 rounds for the 12g.  So plenty to hunt but i like to at least have a little stock. Went shooting yesterday and thought I should restock, just didn't think EVERYwhere would be out of ammo. 

Got plenty of pistol .410 and .45,  12 g shot, 20g shot, .22 and muzzleloader tackle at least. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I like to have three boxes of 20 in stock for each rifle.  I've got prob 50 rounds for the 06, 25 rounds for the 30/30 and 25 rounds for the 12g.  So plenty to hunt but i like to at least have a little stock. Went shooting yesterday and thought I should restock, just didn't think EVERYwhere would be out of ammo. 

Got plenty of pistol .410 and .45,  12 g shot, 20g shot, .22 and muzzleloader tackle at least. 

My Walmart had most rifle rounds, not a big selection but at least some.

Was at Dicks yesterday , ya I know ....

Walked by the ammo shelve ,mostly empty, but they had the Hornady 7mm08 I use and for  less then Buds, along with no shipping of course . They had .243, 7mm mag , and some others but I didn’t look too much ,oh I grabbed two more of those Hornady . 

Good example for a good supply  is my buddy, he’s going out west on an elk hunt with a borrowed 7mm mag, he bought 80 rounds, ended up shooting 40 on my  short range , first box just getting used to the Magnum ,second trying to group better .

Later we went to another spot on the farm where he could shoot to 300 yards , he was 6-7 inches high, frustrated and burned up box #3..... one left to take out west ,where they’ll make him shoot before he hunts . Had to track down more, during the shortage ,not fun !

His error was he was placing his left hand on the shooting stick not the rifle ,so that was causing the high hits .

I typically shoot 60 -100 of my hunting rounds prior to the season ,if I don’t have to,make adjustments ,more if I change things ( I moved my daughters red dot,lower this year , as an example.)

• Like 1

Was at Dicks yesterday , ya I know ....
Walked by the ammo shelve ,mostly empty, but they had the Hornady 7mm08 I use and for  less then Buds, along with no shipping of course . They had .243, 7mm mag , and some others but I didn’t look too much ,oh I grabbed two more of those Hornady . 
Good example for a good supply  is my buddy, he’s going out west on an elk hunt with a borrowed 7mm mag, he bought 80 rounds, ended up shooting 40 on my  short range , first box just getting used to the Magnum ,second trying to group better .
Later we went to another spot on the farm where he could shoot to 300 yards , he was 6-7 inches high, frustrated and burned up box #3..... one left to take out west ,where they’ll make him shoot before he hunts . Had to track down more, during the shortage ,not fun !
His error was he was placing his left hand on the shooting stick not the rifle ,so that was causing the high hits .
I typically shoot 60 -100 of my hunting rounds prior to the season ,if I don’t have to,make adjustments ,more if I change things ( I moved my daughters red dot,lower this year , as an example.)

In fairness he should only need a shot or two once he gets out there to make sure the scope didn't get bumped in transit. But always better to have too much than too little especially for weird calibers. I always bring at least 2/3 boxes of my handloads. Even the store bought .300wby can be tough to find in spots in normal times

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

Sure I agree . But without ammo ,one just owns an expensive club . I’m a be prepaid guy, topped off 4 gas cans last week, bought 24 D and 40 AA batteries, and my stock of 1pound green propane tanks is up to 20 or so for my Buddy Heaters, and Coleman stove . Canning 30 pounds of meat Thursday .  I have three red dot sights that use CR2032 batteries,they last along time , yet I have a spare taped to the stock of each one , just how I roll .

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 12:45 PM, sbuff said:

Shelves are clean in local stores and on line all over . I hope the shortage ends soon 

Perhaps sometime next year depending on a number of political and social occurrences. Keep in mind production runs are scheduled up to two years out , and some of the less selling and odd ball stuff is only made once every 2-3 years as it is . 

• 1 month later...

I went to a large gunshow (along with several thousand of my closest friends, LOL)  in Orlando Florida last weekend. They had pallets full of ammo and many people were purchasing a case at a time. The check out line for the vendor with the most ammo for sale had at least 100 people waiting to pay. If you are planning a trip to the sunshine state this winter you might consider this ammo source (they have a big show someplace most weekends).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
41 minutes ago, Red said:

Anyone need some turkey load Cabelas has some.  For almost $12 per round.

20210120_144643.jpg

Cost of 2 rounds $22  . Cost of gas to get to and from hunting spot for the day $12 . Cost of turkey calls and gear is  who knows .  Time used to hike in , hopefully shoot one , then time to clean it even at slave labor of $1 an hour we will call it worth $10.                                                                                                                                              Total cost of turkey if you do shoot one the 1st time out  approximately $52  with no cost of gear included

Cost of turkey going to the supermarket . 99c a lb for fresh cleaned 15 lb bird  $15 . 5 lb bag of potatoes $2.50     3 lbs of fresh peeled butternut squash $ 6.  Bag of fresh trimmed and washed green beans $2.50 . Bag of corn $2 . Can of cranberry sauce $2 . Can of gravy $1 . Apple pie from the bakery $ 6 . Pack of 12 IPA $15                       Cost of supermarket turkey dinner , dessert and beer  $ 52

So can someone remind me why its such a great idea to get up at 4am and fight ticks all day to hopefully shoot a turkey ?  LOL

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Merlot said:

About 15 years ago, I bought a brick (325) of .22 long for about $14.00...about .04 cents per round. Looks like prices have doubled...at least. 

I have some 20 round boxes of Remington 30-06 Core Loct with price stickers of $9.99 from a no longer existing big box store.  I'm guessing same time frame.