Piebald buck

Swamp_bucks

when you get one like that or even less brown it's weird thing to see. we had a buck here that someone took as a yearling buck.  as a fawn i was standing in the woods thinking about a stand i just set for someone else right in front of me. literally ignored this white thing in the leaves only 10 yards away. dismissed it was a rotting chunk of white birch or a random 5 gal pail/seat someone left behind. then the pail jumped up and ran away. i have video of it walking out into the fields from the woods. looks like a snow white mountain goat or ghost walking.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

This girl got a pass a few times.  I even interrupted her with a buck in Nov.   hope she is back.   her fawn was normal.  

For me, the joy of seeing her outweighed any hide on the wall.  She was a mean one too.   

08E8D4D2-D62C-4DD6-8872-52ACDFD8FAB3.jpeg

2D42C7F6-C98E-4A43-AF93-6B06C8B0EDFC.jpeg

DE79C569-AD30-4CBA-9335-D571637C5D47.jpeg

She's really pretty.  Her color is so cool.

This girl got a pass a few times.  I even interrupted her with a buck in Nov.   hope she is back.   her fawn was normal.  

For me, the joy of seeing her outweighed any hide on the wall.  She was a mean one too.   
08E8D4D2-D62C-4DD6-8872-52ACDFD8FAB3.thumb.jpeg.d671f3297225b98ed2347942b0591256.jpeg
2D42C7F6-C98E-4A43-AF93-6B06C8B0EDFC.thumb.jpeg.d8378bd8b624c815d4e52c747cfebf1b.jpeg
DE79C569-AD30-4CBA-9335-D571637C5D47.thumb.jpeg.b6bc2c5f34db23ad44e19367ace85393.jpeg

That deer looks like the one Phade shot. Same general area too? Could be related?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

9 hours ago, buffalojay83 said:

Not a bad buck for these "weak, undesirable genes/traits" I keep hearing about
r/sarcasm

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

That is an albino pink nose and hooves. Not a piebald, the white deer at seneca depot are not piebald either.

8 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

I thought albinos were smaller body size and rack size as well....that deer is a shooter anyway you look at it

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

No, an albino is a color mutation of the skin and fur, typically will have pink nose, hoof and around the eyes and all white fur and it does not affect the deer ability to grow a normal rack and body size. Being piebald is a genetic defect and with that you will typically see abnormal looking deer, short legs, bad spines, small bodies and other internal defects. 

• Like 1