Panic Gun and Ammo Buying.

As noted in a thread in one of the forums up above there is getting to be a severe shortage in ammo, but not only ammo, firearms in stock has fallen sharply also. I have been looking to buy a revolver in 357 since spring, the closing of non essential businesses and gov offices (Pistol Permit) made that a no go until mid summer. By then what was a healthy firearm inventory had become depleted due to several factors but mostly panic buying, and when  a desired  model is found in stock they are now selling for inflated scalper prices.

This fiasco got kicked off with some factories shut down production due to the virus, then you have Riots, Democrats pushing the reimagining of Police (AKA Defunding). and blatant gun control measures. So now we have the big panic rush on purchasing firearms for the obvious reasons and stock piling ammo again as was done during the Obama years. During that time I saw $15 bricks of 22 ammo selling for over $100 at gun shows which by the way have been shut down also.

I do not see any short term improvement in the situation until the election when then one of two things is going to happen. If Trump comes back things will calm down and go back to somewhat normal. If Sleepy Joe gets elected "Katie Bar The Door" Prices and inventory will make the Obama era seem to have been the good old days.

Elections Have Consequences

• Like 3

I had two cousins call me and tell me they panic bought AR’S due to the current state of affairs. I laughed at him. He got one of those “other” fire arms with a short barrel chambered in 300blk.

I told him he should return that piece of trash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perfect storm . Covid slowed down manufacturing, and with people home with little to,do recreational shooting increased as well ,  unrest caused 5 million new gun owners , who gotta feed those guns , unrest also caused many existing gun owners to take stock of what they had on hand and then build that up , everyone with gramps old gun in the closet went out and bought ammo,for it . It just finally reached hunting ammo of ,late . I have a good supply as that’s prudent considering we’ve had shortages before and I enjoy shooting  , but I’ve had 300blk on order for months ,I’m down to 100 rounds of defensive loads and a few hundred ball in that caliber.

Industry insiders say sometime next year before they catch up , perhaps 2022, depending on the election ,more unrest and so forth .

Gun shows out West are reporting 9mm hardball like WWB going for $80 a box and folks happy to,buy it .

A friend recently did some work on a guys house , he paid him with an AR , bunch of 30 round mags, and a ton of ammo .

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Perfect storm . Covid slowed down manufacturing, and with people home with little to,do recreational shooting increased as well ,  unrest caused 5 million new gun owners , who gotta feed those guns , unrest also caused many existing gun owners to take stock of what they had on hand and then build that up , everyone with gramps old gun in the closet went out and bought ammo,for it . It just finally reached hunting ammo of ,late . I have a good supply as that’s prudent considering we’ve had shortages before and I enjoy shooting  , but I’ve had 300blk on order for months ,I’m down to 100 rounds of defensive loads and a few hundred ball in that caliber.

Industry insiders say sometime next year before they catch up , perhaps 2022, depending on the election ,more unrest and so forth .

Gun shows out West are reporting 9mm hardball like WWB going for $80 a box and folks happy to,buy it .

A friend recently did some work on a guys house , he paid him with an AR , bunch of 30 round mags, and a ton of ammo .

I've slowly built my stash, I need to ocw a deer load might just ladder test. I loaded a bunch of deer/shtf loads but they are only running 3/4 moa...Throat erosion... all I've shot are match..Wich I'm considering using.

Maybe the government should subsidise the gun industry like it does others to ensure a constant stream of ammunition and arms during times like these.

They can buy with everyone's tax dollars at a higher rate, then sell low making the tax payer pay the difference.

They can do billion dollar loans never to be repaid, along with flat out grants, then when companies over extend themselves they can get bail outs.