Range finder

Nomad

Wife gave me a new Halo for Christmas a couple years ago, and I like it alot. No issues at all. 

Had a Bushnell for years before that. And it's still working too. Gave it to grandson.

Both only used for bow season. As our gun spots are all within the hold dead on range.

• Like 2

You need to consider how it's going to be use.  You need a better quality one for long range.  150 yards or less isn't long range.  I wouldn't get one without incline compensation.  If not and measure from a tree stand the distance with be longer than what you actually need for a measurement due to the affects of gravity,  I use a Bushnell Scout DX 1000 ARC and find it works great.  Previously I had a Simmons that wasn't compensated.  It's fine for measurements on the ground.

Edited by hueyjazz
  • Like 1

I have had a Halo for the last 3 years.  It has been very accurate when I checked it on my range with a tape measure.  I use it a lot when target practicing with my crossbow, ML, slug guns, and rifles.  I am still mad that I did not bring it along on my last ML hunt last year, when I shot under a doe.  I won't be making that mistake again.

• Like 1

I have 3 Range Finders . The 1st one I ever bought is the one in the left of the picture . It was called TLR 75 RANGING and manufactured in East Bloomfield , NY . It sometimes had to be calibrated and the directions were right on the unit . You look through the sight and see what you are measuring to and also see a yardage screen . You moved the dial until the objects line up and were focused ( like the old 35 mm cameras ) . I used it when we use to hunt the Wooly Mamouths and Saber Tooth Tigers .

IMG_0245.JPG

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fasteddie said:

It was called TLR 75 RANGING and manufactured in East Bloomfield , NY . It sometimes had to be calibrated and the directions were right on the unit . You look through the sight and see what you are measuring to and also see a yardage screen . You moved the dial until the objects line up and were focused ( like the old 35 mm cameras ) . I used it when we use to hunt the Wooly Mamouths and Saber Tooth Tigers .

Haha - I have the same one!