Apeman Mini 16MP

johnplav

I got this camera on Amazon for $40.  Not a bad little camera for the price.

It only takes 4 AA batteries, but annoyingly it takes micro SD cards which I didn't have, so I needed to order.

It didn't take nearly as many pics as my other cameras, so Im assuming that its missing some deer.

Daytime pics came out really nice tho, and it caught this buck sneaking through the tree line at night.

Not a bad option if you want to throw up a cam on public land where it could get stolen.  

IMG_0149.PNG

IMG_0150.PNG

IMG_0151.PNG

• Like 2

Fourth sentence is what is most common with lower end cams; that and consistent reliability. More of a crapshoot. When you get a good one though it tends to work for a long while. But, the hardware is where they have to cut corners - at $40, minus shipping and logistics, you're talking a very small cost of production and small profit margins.

Also, CS can be suspect.

I have a few direct cams, but none go into my best or even middle of the road spots.

1 hour ago, phade said:

Fourth sentence is what is most common with lower end cams; that and consistent reliability. More of a crapshoot. When you get a good one though it tends to work for a long while. But, the hardware is where they have to cut corners - at $40, minus shipping and logistics, you're talking a very small cost of production and small profit margins.

Also, CS can be suspect.

I have a few direct cams, but none go into my best or even middle of the road spots.

I'm sure build quality is nowhere close to good cams, and at $40 I don't think anyone would expect it to be.  I wouldn't use this as my only camera in an area.  I honestly use trail cameras as more of a hobby than a scouting tool, and if this one catches a few cool pics, then its worth the $.  But you are right, in the same two week period my nearby camera took about 5x more deer pics.  This camera will likely find itself on some un-huntable public land right by my house.  Maybe Ill snag some pics of a few monsters that will die of old age.    

3 hours ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

I’ve never had any WGI cams last for any period of time for me. I’d rather save my money for a quality cam. One of my older cams that’s been going strong for a few years now is approaching 20,000 pics with no issues. 

• Like 1

On 9/23/2020 at 8:51 PM, NonTypical said:

I’ve never had any WGI cams last for any period of time for me. I’d rather save my money for a quality cam. One of my older cams that’s been going strong for a few years now is approaching 20,000 pics with no issues. 

I have a few with around a quarter million images ballpark. Unfortunately they both finally died due to exposure of the elements (case dry rotting and leaking). 2012 model year Coverts.

• Like 1