shotgun advice

RsR_foto

I do appreciate it but there is another gentalman that has already sent one out. Thank you though.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

I just saw that. Great that you will get a matching set and better quality than what I have laying around.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I just saw that. Great that you will get a matching set and better quality than what I have laying around.

Regardless it's still kind of you to offer. Theres a lot of people on this forum that have restored some faith in humanity for me hahah

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, as someone may have mentioned this before...

My recommendation would be to get a Savage Arms 220. It’s a shotgun in the legal sense of the word (fires non metallic cartridges, with exception to the base of the cartridge). For all intents and purposes, it is a Savage 110 chambered for 20g slugs. Fully rifled, fully floated barrel. Bolt action. Drop box mag. Infamous Savage trigger. Receiver is scope ready. Very accurate right out of the box. 

I shoot the rem sabot slugs in mine and LOVE it. 1” groups @ 100yds

8E9511E2-6A86-4506-91C3-6E71BFF36110.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Forgive me for not reading the whole thread, as someone may have mentioned this before...

My recommendation would be to get a Savage Arms 220. It’s a shotgun in the legal sense of the word (fires non metallic cartridges, with exception to the base of the cartridge). For all intents and purposes, it is a Savage 110 chambered for 20g slugs. Fully rifled, fully floated barrel. Bolt action. Drop box mag. Infamous Savage trigger. Receiver is scope ready. Very accurate right out of the box. 

I shoot the rem sabot slugs in mine and LOVE it. 1” groups @ 100yds

8E9511E2-6A86-4506-91C3-6E71BFF36110.jpeg

If they hadn't legalized rifles here a few years back, I'd be using one of these....

HOWEVER, for many years I killed deer with a smoothbore 20 gauge...It worked fine within it's limitations...I got pie plate groups at 75 yards, which was good enough for most of the woods hunting I did...Never had any issue killing deer with good shot placement and Foster style slugs, although I eventually switched to Brennekes because I got a little better accuracy and better penetration with them...

Good luck with your new gun...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RsR_foto said:

I have no intention of doing so.

that was on a deer drive they ran right at him  very close range  , not a good idea   if not for that  at least that's the story I was told  exactly if they ran then stopped  because he was in the way I don't  know,   probably what happened I got to ask him  .  

I've always found the most accurate slugs for smooth bore are breneke . Many different versions I happen to like the original felt was. But k.o. are good as well and inexpensive comparatively 
I will definitely try to find some! There seems to be a very positive view on them

19 hours ago, cdbing said:

Just don't post your hunting spot. Folks like me will poach your spot! Kidding.

I have found that I tell everyone anything I can tell them to make them better hunters including where to hunt and i have had a very prosperous hunting career.  Its not always about what you know as much as what you are willing to do. I  approach hunting as hiking with the possibility of a bonus meal or two. Just have fun and change it up if its not working. Its easy to get discouraged but give it a few seasons.

• Like 2