I’m getting tired of being told how races I am and how I have white privilege.

I’m getting tired of being told how races I am and how I have white privilege.

If judging a person on their character, makes me a racist then I guess I’m a racist. If you’re an asshole I don’t give a shit what color you are your still an asshole. I owe you nothing and you owe me  nothing!

Then some snot nose white kid tells me about my white privilege. So, I told him if working since I was 16, I’m almost 63 and getting two college degrees. Served in the army. So, if I do have any privilege at all then I earned it. Then I asked what you have done and got no answer.  

MY RANT FOR THE DAY

Edited by Larry
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

A "rant" thread would be a good idea. Mine? There’s no such thing as “sleep-away camp.” 

It’s a ridiculous made-up word that serves no purpose other than to dumb down the English language and as we have so few words to accurately describe things, why screw up the good ones? 

I’m all for fluidity of language—I really get excited when new words are added to the OED—though if you want to see my eye twitch try saying “awesome” to me when you describe how you found a parking spot in front of your building. But I hate the infantilization of language. It is double-plus ungood.

We have a great word for that wilderness place where you pitch tents, build fires, roast food, tell stories and sleep overnight. That word is “camp.” Also comes with a perfectly useful verb, “camping.” 

No one says, “sleep-away camping” and if they do, best to excuse yourself and go stand on the other side of the room. If however, you’re not sleeping over then we have a pinpoint accurate descriptive adjective in …. wait for it … “day camp.” 

Camp … you sleep over.

Day Camp … you don’t.

That’s it. How simple. How elegant. How correct.

Rant over.

• Like 2

Me to my own child: who do you have for Eng,
HS kid: Mr R
Me: what’s his real name
hS Kid: I dont know - he lets us call him that since his name is confusing
Me: whose pitching for the Yankees
HS kid: Masahiro Tanaka (pronounced perfectly)
Me: if you can pronounce that you can learn his name.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Srsly, I agree 100% with Larry.

If you actually have people telling you on a regular basis that you're racist, perhaps it’s worth not immediately dismissing it. Now, if these people are fictitious and part of a recurring Fox News segment, then yeah, you should be super angry.  How dare they?

• Like 1

white   privilege,   BLM , Antifa    it is all just camouflage or  trojan horse .

its like a bank robber  forming a group called   organization    ageist  robbing   banks  , and then robs banks 

or a car thief   starting  a group  called organization    ageist  robbing   cars  , and then robs  more cars . these are terms designed to   trick people  into thinking they are something good when  they are  really   doing  something bad  , like rioting looting  and extortion   is what they really are about if you look into them . and the media most of it just plays along .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If you actually have people telling you on a regular basis that you're racist, perhaps it’s worth not immediately dismissing it. Now, if these people are fictitious and part of a recurring Fox News segment, then yeah, you should be super angry.  How dare they?

I was agreeing with Larry in that this BS needs to stop. Enough is enough. Wouldn’t you agree?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

The discussion of white privilege or the disingenuous provocation that acknowledging privilege is an assault on your identity? 

Why do you have to make it personal in order to make a non point? Cannot a person make a statement about the situation in our country in general?? I guess you know me very well and know who makes up my friends and family. 

Confucius say, “Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face”. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Why do you have to make it personal in order to make a non point? Cannot a person make a statement about the situation in our country in general?? I guess you know me very well and know who makes up my friends and family. 

Confucius say, “Man who shoot off mouth, must expect to lose face”. 

What? You asked if I agree that this needs to stop. I ask what “this” refers to. These are the options I gave:

1- The discussion of white privilege

2- The disingenuous provocation that acknowledging privilege is an assault on one’s identity

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

What? You asked if I agree that this needs to stop. I ask what “this” refers to. These are the options I gave:

1- The discussion of white privilege

2- The disingenuous provocation that acknowledging privilege is an assault on one’s identity

Any retort will undoubtedly be rebutted nonsensically, resulting in another meaningless debate. That seams to be your MO. I don’t care to partake in any such foolishness with you. 

It appears you met with both Bill and Cynthia. I respect them both and their opinions, which is why i cannot simply write you off as a troll. 

22 minutes ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Any retort will undoubtedly be rebutted nonsensically, resulting in another meaningless debate. That seams to be your MO. I don’t care to partake in any such foolishness with you. 

It appears you met with both Bill and Cynthia. I respect them both and their opinions, which is why i cannot simply write you off as a troll. 

So Versatile_Hunter is also MattTavern?

Pretty much figured out Phantom is stormy back yet again.

33 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

So Versatile_Hunter is also MattTavern?

Pretty much figured out Phantom is stormy back yet again.

Just now, crappyice said:

I thought Yore went hiking today?!?

No DT, apparently I read that wrong in the EDH thread. My apologies. 

So i guess I was also wrong not wiring VH off as a troll, lol

image.thumb.png.5839c302a4c8a3c8c4e458708a3d9168.png

image.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, squirrelwhisperer said:

Good call, this stuff can be tricky and sometimes requires thinking. It’s good to know your limitations. 

I watched a video on youtube on showing white privledge they all line up. For a foot race.. 

Complete bs...  the 1st 3 questions set up the whole thing and it's not about color it's about having a family.specifacally  Mother and father..  the only privledge anyone gets is being raised by loving caring  parents. If your being raised by a single parent your at a disadvantage regardless of color. Financially, and emotionally , it's not my fault 60% or more of colored children are in a fatherless home..   nor s it privledge my parents stayed together.. if coloreds can  fix that issue  then all the bs will stop.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I watched a video on youtube on showing white privledge they all line up. For a foot race.. 

Complete bs...  the 1st 3 questions set up the whole thing and it's not about color it's about having a family.specifacally  Mother and father..  the only privledge anyone gets is being raised by loving caring  parents. If your being raised by a single parent your at a disadvantage regardless of color. Financially, and emotionally , it's not my fault 60% or more of colored children are in a fatherless home..   nor s it privledge my parents stayed together.. if coloreds can  fix that issue  then all the bs will stop.

Those are systemic issues that have entrench poverty in certain communities, not white privilege.