I’m getting tired of being told how races I am and how I have white privilege.

2 hours ago, left field said:

There are certain things that need to be appreciated in the country where they were perfected.

Whisky in Scotland. Cigars in Cuba. Pizza in Naples. Women in Iceland.

I disagree.  Icelandic women feels just as good outside of Iceland too.

• Like 1

I have worked in Warehouses + the Unloading Docks for Decades. I have a Old Fred Flintstone car-- NOT RUNNING.
    No Pension waiting for me when, I retire-( next year). Just Social Security.  Frugal should be my Nickname.
     I am White- but, I am not aware of any privilege, I might have-- LOL!
You do have turkey privilege but I'd say you busted your hump for that so..

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

Thanks, I did have to climb a Mountain for my 1st Bird-lol!
I feel like my 200 yard walk from where I park when I hunt is like a mountain. But that's just because I'm lazy and have it easy. I definitely couldn't have anywhere near as good luck on public

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• 2 weeks later...

White privilege died back in the 1960s.

There is no white-pride month, no NAAWP, no WET, no white lives matter, no white panthers. My ancestors didn't own slaves or even show up in this country until the 1900s, so I have nothing to feel guilty about or pay reparations for. Affirmative action only benefits black people, and every dark-skinned person in this country has the same opportunity to advance if they decide to choose that path. Why do so many people immigrate here from Africa, Jamaica, or Haiti if this is such a hateful country towards dark-skinned people? It's pretty obvious that all of the attention on race & skin color is just another ploy to keep us all divided rather than united. 

Do police profile dark-skinned people? Probably, but they also profile shady looking & acting light skinned people. Don't act like a thug, show a little respect when questioned by the police, and drop the no-snitch mentality. It really is that simple.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Uncle Nicky said:

White privilege died back in the 1960s.

There is no white-pride month, no NAAWP, no WET, no white lives matter, no white panthers. My ancestors didn't own slaves or even show up in this country until the 1900s, so I have nothing to feel guilty about or pay reparations for. Affirmative action only benefits black people, and every dark-skinned person in this country has the same opportunity to advance if they decide to choose that path. Why do so many people immigrate here from Africa, Jamaica, or Haiti if this is such a hateful country towards dark-skinned people? It's pretty obvious that all of the attention on race & skin color is just another ploy to keep us all divided rather than united. 

Do police profile dark-skinned people? Probably, but they also profile shady looking & acting light skinned people. Don't act like a thug, show a little respect when questioned by the police, and drop the no-snitch mentality. It really is that simple.

The only thing that you’ve revealed to be simple is your mind.

At least with Phantom we know he’s having fun with his QAnon nonsense and he never attempts try to hide behind facts or logic when he trolls. SteubenJerry is a transactional pragmatist who has convinced himself that Trump’s policies help him (even after the bill on Trump’s tax cuts is due). What you’re spewing is an absurd conflation of misrepresented ideas that are adjacently related but don’t actually cohere into anything intelligible enough to merit a substantive response or debate. Thus I give you this. 

55 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

What do you find simple about what he said?  I agree with Uncle Nicky 100% with what he said and I'm far from a diehard Trump supporter.  I have absolutely NOTHING to apologize to blacks for.   My ancestors were peasants in Europe and didn't reach these shores until the mid 1900's, so I owe them NOTHING and I'll be damned if I will apologize to them just because I happen to be white.  If you can't see our point of view then you are the "simple" one here.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, steve863 said:

What do you find simple about what he said?  I agree with Uncle Nicky 100% with what he said and I'm far from a diehard Trump supporter.  I have absolutely NOTHING to apologize to blacks for.   My ancestors were peasants in Europe and didn't reach these shores until the mid 1900's, so I owe them NOTHING and I'll be damned if I will apologize to them just because I happen to be white.  If you can't see our point of view then you are the "simple" one here.

This idea that thinking about what white privilege means and coming to acknowledge it somehow means that you have to apologize for your whiteness is ridiculous. At best that is just a lazy way to reject thinking critically about a fairly straightforward reality. 

Edited by Versatile_Hunter

13 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

This idea that thinking about what white privilege means and coming to acknowledge it somehow means that you have to apologize for your whiteness is ridiculous. At best that is just a lazy way reject thinking critically about a fairly straightforward reality. 

Yeah, so "thinking critically" in your mind is to swallow everything the media, celebrities, black lives matter movement, etc. are telling you, right?  We now have to erase everything from our history to make them happy, give them jobs that they aren't even qualified for, pay them money because their great, great, great grandfathers were enslaved.  This is all BS of the greatest magnitude.  If you can't figure any of this out for yourself without falling for everything you are being told and hearing in the media, then I feel sorry for you.  These people need to pull themselves up by their bootstraps and not just cry victim for everything they haven't achieved.  I know PLENTY of people who arrived in this country with one suitcase and were NEVER on welfare and were able to buy a home, cars and live a very decent life in this country.  They did it through hard work and didn't expect handouts from anyone or think they were entitled to anything like many blacks who have been here for generations.  It really doesn't take a lot of critical thinking to figure out what's going on here.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

At least with Phantom we know he’s having fun with his QAnon nonsense and he never attempts try to hide behind facts or logic when he trolls. SteubenJerry is a transactional pragmatist who has convinced himself that Trump’s policies help him (even after the bill on Trump’s tax cuts is due). What you’re spewing is an absurd conflation of misrepresented ideas that are adjacently related but don’t actually cohere into anything intelligible enough to merit a substantive response or debate. Thus I give you this. 

My comments make complete sense to me, and probably many here. What you trolled back with is a lot of 75-cent words that really don't seem to even go together. Are you saying that being white means you are treated special in this country? Or are you just deflecting again?

49 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

My comments make complete sense to me, and probably many here. What you trolled back with is a lot of 75-cent words that really don't seem to even go together. Are you saying that being white means you are treated special in this country? Or are you just deflecting again?

Here, in (hopefully) simpler words: 

1 minute ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

You do realize that in the last month you’ve only posted on political threads in this hunting forum, right? 

Yes. I'm still fishing & crabbing right now, I'll probably head for the woods in a week or two once it gets colder & fall turkey opens up. I don't have a lot to add since pretty much all the hunting threads are on bow hunting right now. I really don't visit this forum much these days, since I semi-retired. Right now I'm especially interested in who & what my fellow outdoors people are voting for, this upcoming election may very well decide the direction our country & gun rights decide to take. This forum was mostly a time killer for me when I had my office job (yes, rednecks with masters degrees do exist in the corporate world :) ). So, you've searched my profile & I've given you my resume. Why are you here, other than to stir the pot with leftist dribble?:huh:

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Yes. I'm still fishing & crabbing right now, I'll probably head for the woods in a week or two once it gets colder & fall turkey opens up. I don't have a lot to add since pretty much all the hunting threads are on bow hunting right now. I really don't visit this forum much these days, since I semi-retired. Right now I'm especially interested in who & what my fellow outdoors people are voting for, this upcoming election may very well decide the direction our country & gun rights decide to take. This forum was mostly a time killer for me when I had my office job (yes, rednecks with masters degrees do exist in the corporate world :) ). So, you've searched my profile & I've given you my resume. Why are you here, other than to stir the pot with leftist dribble?:huh:

Congrats on your semi-retirement. A masters? Cool, in what? I guess it goes to show that an education can only take you so far.

I’m here to pick up hunting pointers and to help dispel the notion that you need to have regressive views (or be a redneck as you put it) to hunt. 

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Congrats on your semi-retirement. A masters? Cool, in what? I guess it goes to show that an education can only take you so far.

I’m here to pick up hunting pointers and to help dispel the notion that you need to have regressive views (or be a redneck as you put it) to hunt. 

Like your boy Sleepy Joe would say, "Awww...C'mon Man". Someone who really wanted "pointers" wouldn't start out the gate with the liberal noise, especially if they wanted to be accepted in hunting circles. How much is Soros paying these days, $15/hour?:rolleyes:

Anyway, your logic is circular. Liberals are dead-set on gun control in the Canadian or European model. This doesn't help anyone who is truly interested in hunting or owning firearms.

Genius.jpg

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Why even liberal Canada voter ID is mandatory in fact USA is the only civilized nation that does not have mandatory voter ID ?since you say you are a lib just wondering  what you think about that and claim to be smarter then every one here ,  and here is a hunting tip  for you  since you asked spend more time in the woods and less time looking at the phone  when you are out there .

Edited by phantom
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Uncle Nicky said:

Liberals are dead-set on gun control in the Canadian or European model. This doesn't help anyone who is truly interested in hunting or owning firearms.

Having a viable environment that can sustain wildlife is exponentially more important. The notion that the 2nd amendment is at risk is absurd.

11 minutes ago, Versatile_Hunter said:

Having a viable environment that can sustain wildlife is exponentially more important. The notion that the 2nd amendment is at risk is absurd.

Then why do democrats keep  talking about it ?  don't  want voter ID but want more gun control  does that make much sense to you ?