Youth season question

Swamp_bucks

Ok so one of my nephews is able to go youth weekend so I plan on setting him and his dad up.  Now can I bow hunt a different section of the farm or stateland? What if his brother wants to bow hunt can we sit in a different section but on the same property?  I was told no from someone I work with so just trying to get it clear so we are all legal.

Edited by Swamp_bucks

Ok so one of my nephews is able to go youth weekend so I plan on setting him and his dad up.  Now can I bow hunt a different section of the farm or stateland? What if his brother wants to bow hunt can we sit in a different section but on the same property?  I was told no from someone I work with so just trying to get it clear so we are all legal.

His dad will be with him right? So why wouldn't you be able to hunt somewhere else? Is his dad licensed? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

His dad will be with him right? So why wouldn't you be able to hunt somewhere else? Is his dad licensed? What am I missing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yes to all the above.  That's why I asked because the person done to work said you can't bow hunt while someone in your hunting group is gun hunting.  I didn't think it would be a big deal.  

4 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Yes to all the above.  That's why I asked because the person done to work said you can't bow hunt while someone in your hunting group is gun hunting.  I didn't think it would be a big deal.  

As long as your not one with him you can bow hunt, if your other nephew is old enough to hunt with bow then you just need to be in a place to supervise him if under 16.. heck if your lucky may be your nephews will get a double the same day

30 minutes ago, G-Man said:

As long as your not one with him you can bow hunt, if your other nephew is old enough to hunt with bow then you just need to be in a place to supervise him if under 16.. heck if your lucky may be your nephews will get a double the same day

The other nephew is 13 so we would be in a ground blind in a orchard.  That's what we are hoping is to get them both on one the same time.

• Like 1