Great hunting video

steve863

I have never been a big fan of hunting videos, but these guys from The Hunting Public Youtube series are plain amazing.  Me and my son have become avid watchers and look forward to every video they post.  I know there are a few people on the forum here who have mentioned them in the past.  The video they posted last night has got to be the greatest hunting video I've ever seen.  Definitely not the usual canned hunt garbage from a heated box blind overlooking a food plot.  Just an amazing stalk and the genuine excitement from these guys is really great to watch.  The video is a bit longer than what they usually post but it's worth every minute!  Just thought I'd share the link for those who don't follow this series.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Cant relate lose interest in it.

Well, I can tell you that I've had the luck to stalk up and kill a number of deer right here in NY.  Surely, nothing close to the type of stalk in the video, but the sheer excitement of killing a deer in that fashion beats killing one from a stand by a long shot.   I'll take them any way I can get them, but there is something special stalking up on one.

Edited by steve863

23 minutes ago, steve863 said:

Well, I can tell you that I've had the luck to stalk up and kill a number of deer right here in NY.  Surely, nothing close to the type of stalk in the video, but the sheer excitement of killing a deer in that fashion beats killing one from a stand by a long shot.   I'll take them any way I can get them, but there is something special stalking up on one.

I get that ,I've killed deer with the bow while still hunting . I can never get into the looking off a cliff all day or driving around looking for deer. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bolt action said:

I stumbled across their channel about a year ago and i'm hooked. It cracks me up when they take their shoes off while they stalk. I've learned a few things from these guys. 

I took my shoes off once to try getting at a doe , I didnt realize another doe was watching me the whole time ,all I got for the effort was wet feet LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

I took my shoes off once to try getting at a doe , I didnt realize another doe was watching me the whole time ,all I got for the effort was wet feet LOL

I've known some hunters where the game would be OVER if they took off their shoes to try to make a stalk.  The smell would spook all the deer in a two mile radius.   :)

• Like 1

Only deer I ever saw at a distance and intentionally stalked on my hands and knees to try to shoot it.  Not sure if the doe or I was more surprised when I popped up shot and the arrow hit poa.   Lol.  Only deer I ever killed with that short kodiak mag too.  It was fun.  Wind was perfect.  High grass.  Nearly perfect conditions.  

Oh and I think I blew at least three other efforts at stalking up on a deer that day.   It ain’t easy.  

going to watch that video tonight.  

2C14D736-908E-4B7C-A3FB-1ADDA99348DC.jpeg

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Only deer I ever saw at a distance and intentionally stalked on my hands and knees to try to shoot it.  Not sure if the doe or I was more surprised when I popped up shot and the arrow hit poa.   Lol.  Only deer I ever killed with that short kodiak mag too.  It was fun.  Wind was perfect.  High grass.  Nearly perfect conditions.  

going to watch that video tonight.  

2C14D736-908E-4B7C-A3FB-1ADDA99348DC.jpeg

Now that's a hunt I wish was filmed from above.  Moog in stealth mode. 

11 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Steve863's video was the 1st have have watched entirely in a long time . I always hated the canned hunts on TV and haven't watched any of them in ages . In this video , it took 4 guys to get an awesome buck . 

All their prior videos are still posted on Youtube.  Plenty of good ones to enjoy.  

29 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Steve863's video was the 1st have have watched entirely in a long time . I always hated the canned hunts on TV and haven't watched any of them in ages . In this video , it took 4 guys to get an awesome buck . 

Did it take 4 guys or were there 4 guys in the group?