Short term thinking

Enigma

My apologies ahead of time for the rant on Sunday but I needed to get rid of some bad vibes . . . 

To he sorry saps who stopped at the farm last night to help yourself and steal hemp. Your thinking was really short term. Just a heads up hillbilly, its not weed, its hemp. It wont get you high. It'll take you and your buddy a couple days to figure that out I'm sure.

A couple other things you failed to consider . . .

The farmer's land you trespassed on. He's very unhappy today. You're local so you know who he is. Takes balls to steal from your neighbor especially someone as well respected as him. I'm sure he'll have a conversation with you soon. Best of luck with that. 

All you had to do was stop and ask and we would've GIVEN you all you could carry home. Cause that's how we are. But instead you chose to steal it and screw the 3 people (not including me) that WORKED 60 hours EACH last week prepping that product for sale. It's really going to suck when they show up tomorrow and I tell them you stole it and now we have nothing to sell and pay them for last week. They're local too so I'll let you know how that goes. 

Most of the plants you hacked up from the field and stole were moldy so just throw those in your compost pile when you're done would ya? Someone should get some use out of them. Again, if you'd of asked, stopped by in the daylight perhaps, I would've let you walk down the rows and pick the very best one to take home. FREE OF CHARGE. Cause again that's how we roll here. 

Just an FYI but I won't be sending the cam pics taken last night at the farm to LE. The pics were nice and clear for cheap cams lol. Very detailed. We'll let the "locals" have fun with them though. 

And lastly, you stole my best damn pair of clippers when you were hacking last night. You can keep the totes you loaded but I'd really like those clippers back. They were nice. I have more hemp to cut the next 24hrs before it rains. Drop them off tonight if you're out for a drive again. 

Edited by Enigma
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Foggy Mountain said:

Why would you suspect they’d read it here?

They? As in the thieves? I dont expect them to read it here. It's "general chit chat" though. Just ranting some today about the general stupidity and short sightedness of some of our fellow NYers. And how business gets taken care of in rural CNY when you screw with honest hardworking people. Cuomo's bail reform isn't going to apply in this case of larceny lol. 

• Like 2

I didn't realize that growing hemp in NY was a "thing".  Is there a commercial market for hemp where this could stolen crop could be sold?  One would think the thieves had a purpose and it seems obvious that if a large quantity is being grown in the open then it's not marijuana.  Or am I wrong?  I am just curious and have little knowledge.

1 hour ago, jperch said:

I didn't realize that growing hemp in NY was a "thing".  Is there a commercial market for hemp where this could stolen crop could be sold?  One would think the thieves had a purpose and it seems obvious that if a large quantity is being grown in the open then it's not marijuana.  Or am I wrong?  I am just curious and have little knowledge.

Growing CBD, fiber and seed hemp types is permitted in NY, under NY administration, until the end of the year. The commercial market is international now and should really pop in the US when the FDA gets their act together. This was not a commercial operation, more of a "boutique" type research-for-the-future type grow. Low poundage of varying products rather than acres of biomass. It was of moderate commercial value (to me anyway.)

I hope the bums thought it was marijuana lol. I hope they get sick as dogs smoking their brains out. To the unfamiliar, CBD type hemp and marijuana look and smell very similar. Apparently some folks thought we'd indeed planted an acre of pot right next to the damn road so everyone who drives by can see it and smell it. Obvious to some is oblivious to others.

I'm putting a sign up tomorrow next to the new roadside stand that'll say "free weed". I got money says the stand'll be empty by noon. I can find humor in the ignorant humanity we deal with everyday I guess. But the stealing property from anyone, neighbor or not, frosts my ass. 

• Like 1