No more elbow grease!

SpacemanSpiff

Hung this bad boy up today. No more pulling a rope to hoist up deer. Rope and pulley worked great for years but we were all ready for something  easier. Picked it up at harbor freight for 99$. 440 pound capacity, should work great for deer. Although the first one i bought was faulty and i needed to exchange it. 

1A3C9CF3-72D0-478A-AD7B-05287DE42300.jpeg

• Like 9

4 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Hung this bad boy up today. No more pulling a rope to hoist up deer. Rope and pulley worked great for years but we were all ready for something  easier. Picked it up at harbor freight for 99$. 440 pound capacity, should work great for deer. Although the first one i bought was faulty and i needed to exchange it. 

1A3C9CF3-72D0-478A-AD7B-05287DE42300.jpeg

Are you using a gas pipe to hang it on?

2 hours ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

Its just a piece of black iron 1 1/4 pipe i had laying around. It came with mounts to attach it to a track to slide it. The pipe fits inside it perfectly. So much easier than the wood deal i was going to build. 

How long is the remote wire? I have a 14 foot high ceiling in the barn.

10 hours ago, TACC said:

What happens if your deer or bear weighs more than 220 lbs, or am I not understanding what that stands for?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well I don’t bear hunt , so no need to worry about a bear. I would be tickled to death it I shoot a 200 pound plus deer in my area.  I think 200 pound plus deer it would be 3 1/2 year , which in my area are hard to come by. :D

I installed a battery operated hoist a few years ago . Too often the rope pull pulleys would slip and it was a pain to use them . My oldest son thought it was a funny idea and then he installed a plug in electric hoist in his barn . We have skinned and cut up several deer using the hoist . 

Here is an old video that I made .I use a lawn mower battery for power .

• Like 3

Thats exactly what I was thinking

1 hour ago, fasteddie said:

Here is another old video that I made with the Winch .

I was thinking the same, that if i use a 2kLb winch with pulley , I dont need a hoist and that will work with my high ceiling barn, plus I get the longer remote cable or even wireless now.

Thx