tikka tx3 lite veil wideland

First post and I want to thank you for understanding a $60 Tasco is not a good scope and $600 will put you into some terrific glass.

How about some more info on ranges and typical shooting/hunting you are doing.

A 1-4x20 is significantly different then a 4.5-14x50 or an illuminated 3-9x40.....

• Like 1

While I am not personally familiar with this particular rifle but I do know Tikkas are a quality firearm and usually very accurate with the right ammo. The rifle looks to be a fast handling lightweight sporter made to carry so for me I would stick with the theme of the rifle and go with lightweight mounts and a lightweight compact style scope.

For my serious firearms I look for reliability and a company that has been around and has a track record, there are several reputable scope companies out there that make good stuff. For the moderate ranges I mostly have run into Deer hunting here in NY I favor a 2X7 and am especially fond the the Leupolds in that power. 2X7 power and field of view covers a wide range of hunting situations for big game from shorter range woods hunting to dealing with long shots in open country. 

Never owned one myself but I can see the 6,5 Creedmoor has attained a very good reputation in a relatively short time as both a target cartridge and a fine midsize game cartridge.

Good luck to you for what ever route you decide to go and hopefully you will come out of the season with a successful hunting tale to tell.

Al

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dinsdale said:

First post and I want to thank you for understanding a $60 Tasco is not a good scope and $600 will put you into some terrific glass.

How about some more info on ranges and typical shooting/hunting you are doing.

A 1-4x20 is significantly different then a 4.5-14x50 or an illuminated 3-9x40.....

As I’m not a newbie to the hunting world it’s been about ten years since so I guess you can say newbie at that point, I last went with my father and I decided it’s time to get back into it.  my first trip back will be in jersey on private property for deer.  My typical shooting at the range is usually one of my AR builds.  So the Creedmoor is going to be a much different range day.

1 hour ago, airedale said:

While I am not personally familiar with this particular rifle but I do know Tikkas are a quality firearm and usually very accurate with the right ammo. The rifle looks to be a fast handling lightweight sporter made to carry so for me I would stick with the theme of the rifle and go with lightweight mounts and a lightweight compact style scope.

For my serious firearms I look for reliability and a company that has been around and has a track record, there are several reputable scope companies out there that make good stuff. For the moderate ranges I mostly have run into Deer hunting here in NY I favor a 2X7 and am especially fond the the Leupolds in that power. 2X7 power and field of view covers a wide range of hunting situations for big game from shorter range woods hunting to dealing with long shots in open country. 

Never owned one myself but I can see the 6,5 Creedmoor has attained a very good reputation in a relatively short time as both a target cartridge and a fine midsize game cartridge.

Good luck to you for what ever route you decide to go and hopefully you will come out of the season with a successful hunting tale to tell.

Al

Thanks yea I was torn between a couple of different Leupold and vortex models