Thiefs

YFKI1983

48 minutes ago, YFKI1983 said:

Is it legal to put a bear trap or something else painful near a trail camera to stop scumbag trespassers from stealing?

Asking for a friend..

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I despise scumbag thieves!!! How about a tripwire rigged claymore mine, or a punji pit???.........JK

As much as we would like those options, we would be held liable for any injuries to the scumbags. Even if they are stealing from us!

As mentioned above, a dummy, or bait camera set, with a hidden camera on it to catch the bastids, would give you some legal recourse if you know who they are.

Is this public or private land?

• Like 1

I despise scumbag thieves!!! How about a tripwire rigged claymore mine, or a punji pit???.........JK
As much as we would like those options, we would be held liable for any injuries to the scumbags. Even if they are stealing from us!
As mentioned above, a dummy, or bait camera set, with a hidden camera on it to catch the bastids, would give you some legal recourse if you know who they are.
Is this public or private land?
Private land. And smack dab in the middle of the property too. Not like it was on the outskirts. Im surprised they saw it. I thought I had them pretty well hidden. Guess not.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I like the idea of using a dummy camera, with a real camera perched and angled in a tree above it. That would give you some idea of who might do it. Or, if you know where they are coming in from (a drive/parking spot) set up a camera that can get their vehicle/LP.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/hacks-to-keep-your-trail-cams-from-getting-stolen/

Edited by Splitear

1 hour ago, crappyice said:

Only thing that would make that video better is if he walked over to the tree to set his gun down and got scooped up
in one of those net traps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would have been nice in color as well. I used to play a lot of paintball before my car accident and this landmines were just coming out when I had accident so I never got the chance to try one.

• Like 1