Need.info on 3p and 3j

cynthiafu

4 minutes ago, cynthiafu said:

I can not for the life of me  find any regulation  on these 2  wmu 's .  Is there an antler restriction  . Gun ? I can not find anything on this i can find the bounds but thats it.

A mandatory antler point restriction (AR) is in place in WMUs 3A, 3C, 3H, 3J, 3K, 4G, 4O, 4P, 4R, 4S and 4W in Southeastern New York to reduce harvest of yearling (1.5 years old) bucks.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/93857.html#:~:text=A mandatory antler point restriction,antlers less than 3 inches.

However, I don't know if 3P and 3J have special rules on certain stateland like 3N does- some 3N have no rules, but some have their type of AR in place (no bucks first 2 days of each season, must be 15" spread i think, etc.)

21 hours ago, cynthiafu said:

Going to check out sterling forest and a place in 3j . Do some scouting this weekend.  And see what i can do to find a hunting place for me . Hopefully  I dont disturb to many bow hunters .

If you are worried about disturbing bowhunters just remember when they’ll be there. Few hours in the morning, few hours in evening. Go mid day and I don’t think you’ll even see anyone. 

• Like 1

If you are worried about disturbing bowhunters just remember when they’ll be there. Few hours in the morning, few hours in evening. Go mid day and I don’t think you’ll even see anyone. 

Excpet me.......... if I'm hunting I'm there all day lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, jpastor1759 said:

Excpet me.......... if I'm hunting I'm there all day lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well this time of year there’s very few that would sit all day.  I know it happens but it’s pretty rare and it’d still be better for guys than someone walking through at prime time.  Rut is a different story. 

• Like 1