Mock Scrape

Rack Em Up

30 minutes ago, silent death said:

I've had smaller bucks hitting mock scrapes now for 2 weeks already but it's been colder up here at night I think it has the little guys fired up ... It may sound funny but i used doe in estrous and added a little water so it wasnt to potent this early in the season 

I have little guys hitting mine and lightly sparring since the first week of September now. Seems early to me, but who knows. Most mock scrapes products have doe in estrous, so I was hesitant to utilize anything right now.

I’ve been making them, off and on for awhile. Learned a lot doing it and tweaked it throughout the years.

the big thing I’ve learned, is to get them established very early and put them in or around areas that deer like to scrape. Usually don’t need scent, because they start to hit it in the summer. I even cut the low hanging branches from quite a distance around, so that they’re more likely to use the one I create.

Great way to get pictures of the deer in your area

76FF486A-9060-4680-A76E-9EABC798E802.jpeg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yorehntr said:

I’ve been making them, off and on for awhile. Learned a lot doing it and tweaked it throughout the years.

the big thing I’ve learned, is to get them established very early and put them in or around areas that deer like to scrape. Usually don’t need scent, because they start to hit it in the summer. I even cut the low hanging branches from quite a distance around, so that they’re more likely to use the one I create.

You got it!

I have a mock scrape , I set up a month 4-6 weeks ago..My 1st one..

I kept it simple..

Near a decent trail between bedding and feeding.

Scraped the ground with a stick under an existing overhanging branch, peed in the scrape, set up trail camera. 

I have a regular flow of deer 4 or 5 different bucks and some does that visit it regularly.. Pretty good for the area it's in. Fairly average to low deer density..

3 hours ago, Yorehntr said:

I was always hesitant to start them too soon, but it seems that it is never too soon. I guess I need to catch up. In years past, I've made them late October.