2020 Archery Harvest thread

Gencountyzeek

18 minutes ago, Zag said:

Yeah I’d have to agree, to much chit chat between actual harvests. 

Dont see why we cant have a harvest thread pinned on old format,and a seperate for harvest thread chit chat.im"down" for that??does suck getting all pumped to see harvests then turns out to be chit chat.sounds good to me!!! @fasteddie

Edited by doebuck1234
  • Like 4

Dont see why we cant have a harvest thread pinned on old format,and a seperate for harvest thread chit chat.im"down" for that??does suck getting all pumped to see harvests then turns out to be chit chat.sounds good to me!!! [mention=132]fasteddie[/mention]
4154a08520e167c51db4d6174e535e09.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

Thank [mention=132]fasteddie[/mention]!!!!makes it more enjoyable seeing pics/story and ask questions off thread quoting said member!!!!
#youcantbeatmymeat....
:taunt::rofl: sorry,had to do it
Dislike especially since you are trying to steal my slogan for your hashtags063c803e251c1092c065ec1d22f2f5ab.jpg

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Haha 1

On 10/12/2020 at 9:29 AM, phade said:

That photo was less than 30 minutes from the shot - went 60-80 yards - shot hit the pocket behind the left front shoulder with a G5 Havoc. Maybe congrats and move on? Pretty much the reason why I don't like posting kills here.

On 10/12/2020 at 9:30 AM, Chef said:

Dude it was just a question don’t get all testy... and if he looks bloated and isn’t then that is a compliment because he is one seriously fat deer. Congrats on a big bodied monster. And I don’t mean Moog

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same reason i no longer post harvest pics... but must agree that nobody was giving you a hard time phade, that's an odd pic for sure and i think guys were just wondering what was up.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2020 at 9:42 AM, phade said:

I was raised when someone posts a kill you say congrats and move on. Harvest bashing and questioning is bad form IMO. 

raised with posting etiquette? i think you and I are around the same age and dead deer "posting" is really only 10 years old or so... 

1 minute ago, Belo said:

raised with posting etiquette? i think you and I are around the same age and dead deer "posting" is really only 10 years old or so... 

I didn't realize there was such an etiquette, guess I was raised wrong. This is getting comical. This is the internet,  cant take comments then maybe the internet is not for everyone. I agree with you belo and like I indicated in my first response I just think it was an odd pic. and others were just curious. If someone's posts a pic. and I want to make a comment I will do just that, this is entertainment. Some people are just too uptight these days. Its besides me that people have a hard time and get upset  just to amswer a couple simple questions. Seemed to be a civil discussion among fellow hunters thats all, atleast thats the way I saw it. Oh well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

I didn't realize there was such an etiquette, guess I was raised wrong. This is getting comical. This is the internet,  cant take comments then maybe the internet is not for everyone. I agree with you belo and like I indicated in my first response I just think it was an odd pic. and others were just curious. If someone's posts a pic. and I want to make a comment I will do just that, this is entertainment. Some people are just too uptight these days. Its besides me that people have a hard time and get upset  just to amswer a couple simple questions. Seemed to be a civil discussion among fellow hunters thats all, atleast thats the way I saw it. Oh well.

there's no debate on if it's an odd pic, it is odd. I'd go a step further and say that there are shadows on the rack and stuff so what appears to be a hell of a buck deserves a little better treatment. I'm curious if there's a sticker there and can't tell for sure.  I've been critical of members pictures here in the past where they post some blood and guts that I think are a little disrespectful and provide fodder for the anti's. There's even one here in this thread in a tractor bucket that could have been done a little better imho. That comment is often met with "who f'n cares, it's my choice etc etc." or even better "lets see your big buck then dick from dicksville" haha.

but, like you said it's all entertainment and opinion. absolutely congrats to phade here and if we all ranked why we're here on this forum, I think for all of us "learning" is in our top 3. So some color around the story of this deer would help quench that thirst. Sorry phade to hear about your back, but congrats again for a dandy that it seems you and the team worked hard for and deserved. 

So will we get additional pics of the[mention=575]phade[/mention] buck ?? He looks worthy of some grip - n - grin shots. Nice job on a bruiser.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Or at least trail cam pics!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

51 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

So will we get additional pics of the@phade buck ?? He looks worthy of some grip - n - grin shots. Nice job on a bruiser.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Nah, I'm done posting pics of dead deer here. I wouldn't have posted this buck if it hadn't been leaked/directed at me with all of the Qs in random threads asking me to post my buck. I begrudgingly relented and regretted it because I couldn't participate in this forum w/o a response totally unrelated to the thread/post.. 

Our ground is in the same town as another long-standing/known member here, so I invited him out for the recovery, which was really only a bow shot distance away from the field edge. Thankfully me, him, and my hunting partner were able to drag and lift him into the UTV and over to the truck bed. We were able to get some better shots later that evening, too, after a celebratory steak dinner at the local restaurant.

It was a good night, I'm very proud of that buck and the one I took last year. Went in with a plan and shot a specific mature buck last day of regular season while awaiting back surgery for my blown out disc, and this year, couldn't do much until mid-Sept. for shooting post-surgery, and I got a nearly perfect shot off on a mature buck that we purposely went in to kill that evening. One that I almost killed two nights prior doing the same pattern on a stand we hung midday.

Going to enjoy some doe patrol this weekend and hopefully have my hunting partner connect on a buck. That is my focus now. I'd like to shoot a doe but I admittedly don't like to shoot them on weeknights. Too much work. Hopefully this weekend I get an encounter and I can test out another Havoc. Wasn't super impressed with the penetration using it on that buck. Wondering if that is an anomaly or typical. First deer I've shot not using the Grim Reapers or Slick Trick in 10 years or so.

I'm done talking about the buck though. That is for sure.

• Like 5