2020 Archery Harvest thread

Gencountyzeek

Nah, I'm done posting pics of dead deer here. I wouldn't have posted this buck if it hadn't been leaked/directed at me with all of the Qs in random threads asking me to post my buck. I begrudgingly relented and regretted it because I couldn't participate in this forum w/o a response totally unrelated to the thread/post.. 
Our ground is in the same town as another long-standing/known member here, so I invited him out for the recovery, which was really only a bow shot distance away from the field edge. Thankfully me, him, and my hunting partner were able to drag and lift him into the UTV and over to the truck bed. We were able to get some better shots later that evening, too, after a celebratory steak dinner at the local restaurant.
It was a good night, I'm very proud of that buck and the one I took last year. Went in with a plan and shot a specific mature buck last day of regular season while awaiting back surgery for my blown out disc, and this year, couldn't do much until mid-Sept. for shooting post-surgery, and I got a nearly perfect shot off on a mature buck that we purposely went in to kill that evening. One that I almost killed two nights prior doing the same pattern on a stand we hung midday.
Going to enjoy some doe patrol this weekend and hopefully have my hunting partner connect on a buck. That is my focus now. I'd like to shoot a doe but I admittedly don't like to shoot them on weeknights. Too much work. Hopefully this weekend I get an encounter and I can test out another Havoc. Wasn't super impressed with the penetration using it on that buck. Wondering if that is an anomaly or typical. First deer I've shot not using the Grim Reapers or Slick Trick in 10 years or so.
I'm done talking about the buck though. That is for sure.

Done talking ...nice! A picture says a thousand words!!! Haha...just twisting them a bit. Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Can we (not sure who “we” would be except for the posters) move the actual harvest posts to the real Harvest page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly the way this thread is goin if you have harvested already I would post it in the other thread this one will get locked up if it keeps goin the way it is

Edited by silent death
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, The Jerkman said:

This thread is totally fine. It's a good one to post stuff and discuss. Nothing wrong in posting in both.

#ThankYouForLessOverzealousModding #WeDemandUnlimitedLikes
#WeDemandADislikeButton

No you are wrong the harvest threads are for posting your harvest nothing more that is why fasteddie said what he did in the new thread

Edited by silent death

No you are wrong the harvest threads are for posting your harvest nothing more that is why fasteddie said what he did in the new thread
Right that's what I'm saying. Can post there and here. Obviously there only harvesters can post. But here one can post and then discuss also. Nothing wrong with posting in both

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

a motorcycle forum i belong to did it right. There was a post a pic thread that was just simply that, and then there was a comments thread separate out where discussions and questions could take place. So the members could just scroll straight pics and then others could bs. thought it worked well. If a mod does anything, I'd say retitle this to "harvest thread comments"

• Like 1

a motorcycle forum i belong to did it right. There was a post a pic thread that was just simply that, and then there was a comments thread separate out where discussions and questions could take place. So the members could just scroll straight pics and then others could bs. thought it worked well. If a mod does anything, I'd say retitle this to "harvest thread comments"
I think its pretty clear this is obviously the comments thread for harvesting. BTW my picture is in regards to retitling my beautiful thread.fbd0f2524e5b8d410e677d175bdc5875.jpg

#WeDemandADislikeButton

I still don't understand.... But it is your choice to not post pics. Haters will hate either way. I will always post pics cause I'm always thrilled to harvest a mature buck and I can't recall being bashed in any way---- not cause I haven't been, because nobody can take me off my pedestal since I put myself there !!! Congrats again on a great deer, great story and a successful plan that came together. Every deer, especially a mature buck with the bow is a trophy.

@Arcade Hunter is a perfect example of celebrating the harvest. Never did he say " not my biggest " or talk of ground shrinkage. His smile an attitude was exactly what I hope to see in all of us who are successful and his character which is similar to many others here is the reason I'm more than willing to be a part of this forum. We had pics posted before that deer was in the truck and nobody said anything negative.

If your not willing to share experiences and help each other, why are you even here !!???

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

I still don't understand.... But it is your choice to not post pics. Haters will hate either way. I will always post pics cause I'm always thrilled to harvest a mature buck and I can't recall being bashed in any way---- not cause I haven't been, because nobody can take me off my pedestal since I put myself there !!! Congrats again on a great deer, great story and a successful plan that came together. Every deer, especially a mature buck with the bow is a trophy.

@Arcade Hunter is a perfect example of celebrating the harvest. Never did he say " not my biggest " or talk of ground shrinkage. His smile an attitude was exactly what I hope to see in all of us who are successful and his character which is similar to many others here is the reason I'm more than willing to be a part of this forum. We had pics posted before that deer was in the truck and nobody said anything negative.

If your not willing to share experiences and help each other, why are you even here !!???

Don't forget his was a public land deer! Makes it more impressive too

#WeDemandADislikeButton

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

My sediments exactly, I just don't get all the tension.  I'd be lying if I said nothing was wrong with that pic..like  you said why even bother being on a hunting forum if you get upset at  innocent questioning. 

BTW Hydros rule!!

• Like 1

Nice buck Phade sorry the questions got you so upset. It is to be expected with such a beauty!  Wonder if the acorns are dropping in your area like here on Long Island, don't have to answer as I do not want to upset you but they are hammering the acorns in my area!  

On a lighter note I finally got out for my opening day yesterday!  (Swollen ankle has had me out for a month!) Up early to get to a prime location, all setup and ready in the dark I setup in a natural ground blind.  15 minutes after first light another hunter walks right past me at 15 yards and never saw me, came in with a climber.  To say I was upset would be an understatement!  I did not confront him as I did not want a hassle.  Ended up stalking most of the morning, tracking a doe for about 30 min before she had enough and blew at me and bounded off.  Jumped a decent buck from his bed and saw about 10 deer total with 3 I never got a good look at, also had 2 adult turkeys come in to about 20 yards while posting.  All in all a good day to be out and celebrate my 2 deceased friends birthdays.  Called it day around noon as temps reached almost 70. 

• Like 2

Nice buck Phade sorry the questions got you so upset. It is to be expected with such a beauty!  Wonder if the acorns are dropping in your area like here on Long Island, don't have to answer as I do not want to upset you but they are hammering the acorns in my area!  
On a lighter note I finally got out for my opening day yesterday!  (Swollen ankle has had me out for a month!) Up early to get to a prime location, all setup and ready in the dark I setup in a natural ground blind.  15 minutes after first light another hunter walks right past me at 15 yards and never saw me, came in with a climber.  To say I was upset would be an understatement!  I did not confront him as I did not want a hassle.  Ended up stalking most of the morning, tracking a doe for about 30 min before she had enough and blew at me and bounded off.  Jumped a decent buck from his bed and saw about 10 deer total with 3 I never got a good look at, also had 2 adult turkeys come in to about 20 yards while posting.  All in all a good day to be out and celebrate my 2 deceased friends birthdays.  Called it day around noon as temps reached almost 70. 

Did he setup 15 yards from you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro