Big moon

Foggy Mountain

I know there’s research guys that moon affects nothing. I’ve been bow hunting over 40 years now. I live in a state I used to shoot probably a dozen deer a year avg. This isn’t to brag. It was a liberal limit. I’m sure you’d all do it too.
In all that time with all those deer I’ve killed lots more on a dark night than one with a big moon. This morning though was completely full moon yet at least some deer were moving. I got a chip shot at a doe after seeing a couple but that’s not what normally happens on big moons in my area. Never gonna stop me from trying mind you. 
On the way in I heard 2 coyote packs so I can’t say for sure it wasn’t attributed to forced movement of some sort. 

This isn’t a right or wrong thread. I’m not asking to change my mind either. I know what I’ve experienced. Forget what you’ve read or heard what are your experiences though and in what part of state? My observations are primarily Orange co with a lesser extent Sullivan Co. 

Was so bright this morning looked daytime. The camera flashed so the field shows light but this is 4:30 this morning near the barns. 

6F137765-55C6-43CE-88D5-523F4D22B4A8.jpeg

• Like 1

I've heard both ways, that a full moon positively/negatively affects deer daytime activity. My uncle used to say that a full moon hurt day movement because they would be out later at night because they could see better. I don't know that it made any difference.

He would also say "Look at the cows, if they are up and moving, the deer are too". Again, whether or not there's truth to this or not, I don't know, but if I drive by cows on my way to hunt, I always pay attention to whether they are up or not :)

• Like 4

I strongly oppose full moons and have requested to Sheldon Cooper that we skip that phase during deer season. He has not replied.

Not only has my experience been that the deer woods are dead the mornings after full moons, the woods just FEEL dead. When hunting after a full moon I never get the feeling like it could happen at my moment. And yet I am a stubborn (some may use a different term) man and continue to hunt them and then bitch like crazy in the afternoon for waking up for nothing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My walk in Thursday AM, I was amazed seeing the giant moon in the sky . Saw   8 deer, six bucks in the beans from light to about 9 . I don’t really keep, track or pay much attention to moon phases , so,I can’t say when I see more or less deer .